Saturday, July 15, 2006

Overun

SO - i get home at like 11.30pm tonight. Softball was fun - there were only 7 of us. :p At one point, I was the only one covering the outfield - I was drained of energy very quickly. When you're running around that much. It was great fun though.

I'll be calling people through this upcoming week - and hopefully we'll have a real game next Friday. If you're one of those people - be prepared for a phone call. :)

All in all, none the less, it was enjoyable.

I am officially #3 for the Blue team - Second base. Kickin'. That excites me.

Jamie J - have I told you lately that you ROCK!!! I spoke to him on Sunday and the whole discussion about the softball t-shirts came up and when he mentioned the fact that we'd be getting numbers on them - he asked if I had a favorite number that he could get put on. I said "5". Lo & behold, both colours had a number 5. Sadly they were 'Large' so I couldn't fit into it - but I TRULY appreciate the effort. Thank you Mr. Jefferson. Sadly - he is leaving for Africa at 9am on Saturday - that being today. So he's actually going to be missing the entire season. Bummer.

So I nabbed #3. It's a medium - so I'm thinking I have to be creative and shrink it down to my size. i have a plan.

We headed out to a pub post game to chill out, enjoy company and watch the Jays' game. We actually have a good team this year. Might be going to a game next week with my grandparents who might be coming through Toronto. Would be cool. They are very big NY Yankee fans - so my brother and I have to represent and preserve the home town pride. :o)


So - i walk into my apartment tonight. Turn on the lights and all I hear is buzzing. Dang it - a couple of flies must have flown in when I opened the door. So I start tracking them down. Walk into my kitchen, and suddenly 14 cluster flies zip in all directions. OMG - what is going on??? I have NO idea what happened. I left my apartment in mint condition - and come home to like 16 unwelcomed guests. I think my landlady might be having problems with these types of flies.

So I spent the first half hour of my night at home tracking down flies and swatting them down with a flexible ikea star shaped ice cube tray - then individually ensuring that they no longer had the possibility of existing. They were mutant flies. I sent one down the bathroom sink with a mad rush of running water - and he CLIMBED OUT. Sickning.

Anyway - I think there's still one floating around. I hope so at least, i feel like there is a constant buzzing in my ear. If one more remains - at least I can explain the buzzing.

I swear - I have never had so many random bug problems in this apartment or in life. And cluster flies are the worst. You hear them ALL around you - but they aren't always the easiest things to spot. I have a dark apartment too - so that totally doesn't help.

Yup - that's my life. Fun, eh?

Work was great. Had a banana popsicle today. We were slightly twiddling our thumbs for a fraction of the day - but we paid for it in the end when all of the next episode's paperwork came out. Crazinesses. Many times today I would look over my shoulder and let the office posse know how much I appreciated working with them. This really is a fun show. If you are a frequent reader of this blog - please mind my repetitive nature. :)

Yours truly, me.

I wanted to go rollerblading at like 6.30 tomorrow morning - but i have a really tight schedule this weekend - so I think i'm axing that one until next Saturday. Boourns.

Aight - i'm out. Have to shower out the softball in me. Must get set for the big day tomorrow.

It's going to be a beautiful weekend in Toronto.

1 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, all those flies . . . have you seen the Amityville Horror? I'm sure you've nothing to worry about . . . or do you . . .?

Probably not.

Maybe . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home