Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Rest in Peace, my sweet Aucky

R.I.P. - Auckland "Aucky" McLaughlin
June 7th, 2005 - July 11th, 2006

I was driving home tonight thinking about how strange Aucky was acting this morning. He was sitting down sleeping (which he does quite often) and i opened the cage to say good morning to him and spend some time with him before going to work. He's been nippier lately, so I'm more cautious when I pet him when he's groggy. He didn't move around too much. He did react a bit, but barely. I blew air onto him to see if he would wake up and he simply turned his back to curl up somewhere else.

I wish i had just taken him in my arms to pet him one last time.

Some people might say 'he's just a hamster' or 'he's just a pet' - but pet's play a very important role in their owner's lives. Aucky was definitely important to me.

When I got home tonight, I found him in an unusual pose underneath his wheel. I knew right away. He had passed away during the day.

It's sad, because he was my first pettable pet. And really, through the last few months, has been such a light in my life - he is a super ball of energy that I took care of. Even last night - he just wouldn't stop running on the wheel ALL NIGHT LONG.

I did in deed love this little guy. He was a beautiful little creature. He will be missed dearly.

He was the most adorable dwarf hamster I have ever met. Especially when he was sleeping. His acrobatic ways will be missed, his gnawing on metal, his digging, his running around in circles, his attempts at escaping the maze...

I hope there is a good place for animals to go when they die. :(

Aucky, thank you for all the smiles you brought into my life.

5 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aucky you were a good friend to A - thank you :)

 
At 1:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Alison ;-(

I am sorry you have lost a friend!

Love Dad ;-(

R.I.P Aucky

 
At 4:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goodbye little hamster, you were indeed a very sweet creature. xx

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger sue said...

oh alison i'm so sorry. losing a little life in your life is really difficult.

 
At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about Aucky kiddo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home