Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Blasted Xerox Machine – thank heavens for ice cream!!!

MUSIC MOOD

I work in an office full of women who like heavy music. So nice. : ) My partner in crime (Chris – the other PA) is a musician himself, and one day had asked me what type of music I listened to. I tried to think about a list, and the first thing that came out of my mouth was ‘Chevelle’, to which Shannon replied that she loved Chevelle. And so begins my music of the day.

TOOL – Julie (tnx a mil) has leant me three of her Tool cds so that I can listen to them for a bit (and put them on me laptop). I have to tell you that Aenima hasn’t left my car’s cd player yet. I’m hooked on ‘H’ which is track number 3. I don’t fully know why I’m completely attracted to the song in this moment, but I absolutely love the sound and the musical ‘story line’ (basically where the song/music takes you sonically, not necessarily lyrically).


THE COPIER

The Xerox 5585. I might have that code wrong. Anyway, this note is one all too familiar for those of us who have used this terribly overworked machine. Most film production offices use this machine as it has a lot of opportunity to do large amounts of copying. It’s a monster of a machine (very, very large). Also – very, very OLD. And Old in copier life means continuous malfunctions.

Today, I couldn’t double side any of my paperwork. We’re 5 days from principal photography – so that’s NO good. After about 30 minutes of struggling with this machine, and on the verge of kicking the silly thing, Hudson walked into the copier room. He’s like this four legged angel. Just looking at his beautiful face is enough to make anyone smile and find that hidden peace inside of them that they lost 25 minutes before. : p

And there, ladies and gentlemen, is the beauty behind having a puppy in a production office. : )


MY FEETSES

I rolled my ankles on Sunday when I landed. (the full story is yet to come, waiting for pictures to tell the story too) At first, they really hurt – but the adrenaline subdued much of the pain. Thank goodness for things like adrenaline and shock. : ) The natural pain killers. I did really notice the pain in my right foot a lot more. And it continues to come and go. At first, I thought I would be okay – but today, it wasn’t feeling so hot. Ugh. On top of that, I might have a broken big toe, but cannot confirm that. So let’s just say that today was not the best day to wear flip flops. : ( Stupid feet. I guess it’s my fault for lowering my legs at the last second. I also tend to roll my ankles a great deal (I swear my leg joints don’t work properly, because I have major probs with my knees and hips, why not my ankles??)


THE DAY – WORK

Work was good today. : ) Busy on and off the road. There was a random downpour in the middle of the day. Thank goodness it didn’t last. Left early enough today (6pmish) which was lovely. Still have me ‘golden-mobile’. He doesn’t have a real name yet – because I’m still not sure if I will be keeping him. Scott has to take it for a spin to see if the rattling is a cause for concern. Otherwise, I’ll just put up with it (which is fine).


THE DAY – POST WORK

Tonight I had a lovely evening. : ) Hung out with Maegan. Walked through little Italy and grabbed a cone at the “Big Chill” (such a quaint little place). Ate the yummy Canadian made ice cream cones just north of College street. It was LOUD – let me tell you. Italy won their Semi-Final game today against Germany. So it was crazy noisy all night (and continues to be so). It was really chill hanging out with Mae. By the end of the night Cyril joined us on the street and we began ‘conspiracy theory’ discussions. : p

Thank you for the lovely evening Mae flower.

Driving has been very nice today.

Lisa is working on a photo shoot for a few ‘Blaze’ series book covers this Thursday. She is being a sweetheart, and while she has a rented vehicle, will help me move my bed to my brother’s place so that I can FINALLY resume work on my apartment. YAY.
Thank you so very much LL, I really appreciate the help.

The “Discovery” was launched this early afternoon for a trip to work on the International Space Station. I remember when the last one landed while we were shooting ‘Zoom’ – Jessica and I coined a phrase that would follow us every day. “You’re not an astronaut.”. It made us feel a bit better. There were some people on that set who really thought they were above everyone else – and we kept thinking, we’re just working in film – it’s not like we’re doing life changing work. So when the astronauts landed, you really think about the type of adventure they must have had.

Yeah.

I’m out. Have a lovely moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home