Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Revisiting the ‘smiles’ journal

A few years back I was going through a rough time. In order to keep myself thinking on the bright side, I decided to keep a ‘smiles’ journal. Every day I would have to find five things that made me smile. Sounds easy, but it’s deceiving at times. It was a great exercise as it made me truly reflect on my entire day every single night and eventually you begin to see every moment for the positive that it could emit.

I was thinking about starting one up again. Maybe just on my blog.


My five smiles for today:

1) Watching the gang climbing trees in living room.
2) The bull mastiff puppy trying to eat my hand at work.
3) The Xerox machine was repaired today!
4) Playing catch with Daniel and finding out that I am a worthy player.
5) The way the moon shone through the clouds at night and how crisp the air is today.


Today was a good day. Nothing spectacular – just more that nothing was wrong and I was able to appreciate all the moments.

Living room was at Riverdale park west – and it was so nice to be outdoors for it. Many attempts were had to climb this one tree, but only Tom rose to the top. Dan helped me work on my softball skills. I had a blast tonight – because we laughed a lot. I absolutely love everyone in my living room. Also very excited that Rachel will be returning in under a month (yay).

Work was fun. On and off the road all day. Plenty of work to do. Just a good crowd. I continue to meet new people every day – and you can tell this is the type of crowd that falls together very quickly.

I’m not much in a writing mood. I’ve been away from my blog for so long, I have to get back into writing. : p

1 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, Blogger sue said...

yay i love all our LR people too! the beatitudes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home