Friday, July 14, 2006

Am I a winner?

Congratulations, Alison!

So I get this letter in the mail today. I actually bought a Heart & Stroke Foundation lottery ticket this year. Yes, I am a nerd. I actually support this cause though - so I felt good. My grandfather has had two open heart surgeries with some of the finest doctors in Ottawa. Everyone has been touched by family suffering from a form of heart disease, so I feel it's a valuable cause to support.

So anyway - the lottery tickets cost $100.00 each. Not terrible - and since i'm feeling oh so rich because I'm working - I splurged and grabbed me one. Number 238229.

Okay - so secretely I probably wouldn't have minded winning one of the grand prizes - but I also don't believe that's how my story will go.

ANYWAY - this letter comes in the mail today - and lo & behold, I won one of the many $100.00 prizes.

Hmmmmm

So, does this negate my donation all together?

I broke even...but when it comes to 'donations' - does that make me a winner?

So i'm confused. I smile because I've won - but feel terrible because it's money that I tried to put into the foundation in the beginning. I could always just put the money back into the H&S foundation...

...or contribute to another hospital lottery.

:p

2 Comments:

At 12:19 AM, Blogger Molecular Turtle said...

Being the first year I could afford to I too bought a ticket. Although I wasn't lucky enough to win anything it goes to a great cause.

 
At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations

 

Post a Comment

<< Home