Saturday, July 08, 2006

spending time

Five smiles of today:

1) Imaginary road bumps causing people to break (Full Story: They recently dug up Manor Road and FINALLY repaved it two days ago. I thought something was unusual about the street when i first drove on it, but couldn't figure out what it was. Then i noticed that the '30km/h' bumps weren't there anymore - but the signs still are (they will most likely be adding them in the not so distant future). Anyway. I was following this SUV up my street when he suddenly slammed on his breaks at the bump sign to slow down - and i laughed - cause i knew why he did it. And he kept doing it all the way up the hill. I was sad that I wasn't going to be following him anymore - i have a feeling he is an entertaining driver).

2) Hearing the Grand Prix drivers going through their practise runs. Walking through the school at Dundas & Bathurst and hearing the cars zipping around non stop - yet they are still so far away. (Made me think about two years ago - when the molson indy race cars drove in. I was on a run and parked on the east side of Yonge street, crossed Yonge street to drop off an actor's contract. Leave this exact same building within 3 minutes - except that now I can't cross Yonge street due to police inhibitions. They weren't permitting anyone to cross because the transport trucks carrying the indy cars were driving down Yonge street like in a parade. So funny. I was stuck on the west side for over 20mins)

3) The gigantic flock of butterflies that were running up my stomach (figuratively speaking - but that intense butterflies in your stomach feeling but worse cause the stomach can't hold them in - so they want to fly out through your oesophagus). I tried chewing original flavored bubilicious to calm my soul.

4) Playing softball tonight with old & new friends. It was fun and a good work out - I have a feeling my arms are going to be sore tomorrow.

5) Having time to spend with new people and getting to know them.


Good music in the cd player tonight - that made me smile.

We go to camera on Monday - so today (at the very end) became slightly chaotic. We survived (Chris/Julie - you guys okay?). :)

Tomorrow we're hitting up one of MANY events going on in the city this weekend. There's the 'grand prix' (aka molson indy), harbourfront music festival, celebrate toronto (so every main intersection that hooks up with Yonge street is closed) and there must be more. Such a busy city in the summer - it's crazy. I think the graffiti weekend is coming back this summer as well - might want to check that out as well.

I think next weekend might be for 'Tobermory'. Go camping or something for a night.

I'm out - have fantabulous evenings everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home