Friday, February 24, 2006

that gosh darn song again

I made Martine listen to Nico's phone ring today so that someone would understand the addiction to this music. I don't know if she has the song in her head - but at least I could play it for someone.

My Ode to Canadian Olympics - We are in fourth place with 20 medals at the moment - 6G, 8S, 6B. Not bad. I remember Olympics being more exciting - but it feels as though the spirit has been lost. I don't blame anyone specifically for this - however, I don't believe that all the judging 'scandals' that have been happening and again other scandals altogether HELP AT ALL.

I'm not looking forward to 2010 when the games hit up Vancouver. That city is getting a major facelift. I was there in November of 2005 and it's crazy the construction plans. My biggest worry - how we Canadians act in sporting events. Mainly - how the crowd treated the Junior Hockey Tournament in Vancouver not too long ago. The way that the crowd treated the teams outside of Canada, especially the American team - was terrible, and I was truly ashamed of how Canada was acting. Political jargon is one side of things, however, bringing boiling issues in vent towards a team of young hockey players who are simply trying to play a tournament and have absolutely no control over their Country's stances - is immature and disrespectful. Unfortunately - this crowd was representing Canada - and it reflects poorly on all of us.

Anyway - I am worried about how the Olympics will go down. However, slightly excited about possibly buying a place to live AFTER the Olympics are done. If I were to stay in Canada - BC has me hooked. For the scenery, the fact that it supports the film industry, the mountains, ocean, beaches, air quality, the fact that it is only like 12hours away from San Francisco, and that you can drive right onto Hwy 1 with the scenic route - and you can hang out in oceanside coves as you adventure by the waters. Amazing.

New Zealand still has my heart though. Todd said something today to the regards that i will be working on movies until I'm 45 - I was like 'dude, girl's gotta take a break - and a girl's gotta chase all her dreams'. But then again - who knows what will happen or what path I will lead. Tore's going to be setting up the next feature while we're shooting "The Storm" so that we can start pre-production right away. I hope that maybe after this one I find the time to trek through NZ with a friend - and travel through Indonesia and finish the rest of Oceania - return to San Francisco and maybe drive through the country to get home. :) Aw, I guess I feel like travelling right now.

I'm might be going to visit NY after this film is done. I get like a week off before I start on post-production TS/pre-production on the next one. I have a friend from LA who does a lot of art direction work in LA/NY and he's invited me to come visit with him on set and he can show me the city - he stays in Grenich Village (the first time, he wanted to pay for my flight out cause i couldn't afford it). So it'll be nice to check out the city and catch up with him. I might plan to go down with a friend - I like those type of adventures. The best is when you travel with someone you might not know all that well - a trip like that can put you in a place where you will begin to truly understand and see a different side of that person then you ever would see in the everyday.

It's fun. Backpacking is all about that. You hit up a country you have never been to - meet people there, travel together, grow close, go your separate ways, meet new friends ... it's an awesome cycle.

That's it for now. Today was productive - did our measurements with Lonz and dealt with art department concerns. Tore locked the motorhomes and we went to visit the company and checked some out. Sweet deal - how many low budgets get motorhomes??? Craziness.

My songs right now: The Used "Blue and Yellow" and Clann Zu "Absense makes the Heart Die". They might be in the same musical tonality. I don't know where my head is at.

Have a lovely night. Gold stars for everyone surviving another week. :)

26 days to PP.

Oh yeah - and I now know what the Skeleton is. After reading a preview of the next day's Olympic events, I saw Skeleton on it like three times. Why would they name it the Skeleton? It's basically luge on your tummy facing forward - that's scary as heck (they travel super fast!!!).

I want to try street luging or snow lugging at least once in my life. At one point in my childhood i remember wanting to pursue that. Maybe it was a 'cool runnings' moment - switched from bobsledding to luging.

Hmmm. Whatever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home