Monday, February 20, 2006

Captivating

A girl from my church posted this online. It's from a book she is reading right now called "Captivating". We've been discussing on our message board about this book. This sentence really resonated with me. Maybe I'm having a moment.

"every girl holds in her heart her most precious dreams. she longs to be swept up in a great romance, to play an irreplaceable role in a great adventure, to be the beauty of the story"

Isn't it true though? I've been pondering this idea for 5 straight days now. I always used to think that being pursued was simply difficult to handle. I'd rather someone just tell me how they were feeling - and not so much 'hunting me down'. Then when I was trying to make sense of it to another friend, I remember this summer I had where I had the pursuer and how wonderful it felt and how much I DID feel like the leading lady in this great adventure. It was the unknown. Yet, there was still a power that I held as the woman being pursued.

Boys and girls are funny. God made Adam & Eve for each other - simple right? Look at us now with all of the games and whatnot. I bet He's enjoying the show. Why do we make things so complicated?

I've been listening to Jess Cantelon's CD a lot while working - as well as LOTR soundtrack music. I love movie soundtracks - especially Howard Shore and John Williams. Maybe the songs I'm attracted to at the moment reflect my mood. I'm particularly drawn to Enya's "May It Be" (so beautiful) and "The Riders of Rohan". I heard a snipit of the beginnings of Craig McConnell's (composer for TS) score - it sounds awesome. Music is so powerful.

end blog. resume work.

I think i'll be blogging a bunch - as a break from work. i always have something to say. :p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home