Monday, February 20, 2006

today's a day that has come and gone

It is now 6.00pm. According to my laptop.

It's been one of those days.


I met up with the girls last night - a group of five friends from University who lived in residence together. We're a funny bunch - we all lead such different lives, it's funny to think how we became friends.

It was Tina's birthday on Friday - so we got together to catch up and spend time together. Charlene and I had the water bottle nearby most of the night - to protect us from the kitties. Last time I was at Sarah's house, I scratched my chin raw from an allergic reaction. I never knew it got this bad.

Sandra is going to be married in June of 2007. Her Neilson dairy product comes out this week - test run of a strawberry milk. Go try it today! Tina starts a new job on March 6th - she's moving towards external affairs - something she has wanted for so long. Sarah was offered another position with Taking It Global - same rate, but amazing opportunity. Charlene is volunteering some of her time (she is such a busy person!!!) as a production manager for a theatre group. :)

I love my friends. We were all together in the kitchen. As I was cutting up fruit for the salad, it doned on me how much I loved these friends. I miss them so much. They have each been a great influence in my life. Their presence has made me a better person today. I am truly thankful for having met them.

And today, I miss them. I miss them and so many of my other friends who I haven't seen in the longest time - and who I long to speak with. There are some of us who have been trying to hook up for almost 2 years.

Hmm. Why do I want to leave this place? I laughed about it last night - that i would be here for a few more years working on films before taking off - but it's okay if that happens. It's more time to build stronger friendships with these girls, guys and my family.

Everything happens for a reason. I wonder why I'm posting these thoughts. They aren't new thoughts. They don't really go anywhere actually.

I just wanted to say that last night, I saw my friends.

I miss my living room. :( I haven't seen some of them for so long. They are the zanniest bunch around - from mad artist skills (every type) to uber rocket science power, Super security and gentle hearts. I can't wait to catch up with you guys. We are having a pot luck on Sunday with the other setup living room - so I'm very excited about this. :)

30 days to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home