Thursday, February 23, 2006

catchy songs

I have a song in my head - it's the song that is the 'ring' for our steadicam's cell phone - it's great. Although, I find myself singing to it when he answers. That's no fun. It's something to the extent of 'blue skies, are waiting for you'. If anyone out there knows what song it is - please help me out here. It starts off like a 1930s tune almost - and this girl starts singing. It's actually a PA for his phone server - but whatever.

Today. Well, I have finally found our insurance company. This woman was great - she walked through all of my questions. We were on the phone working through it for like an hour. She really wanted me to understand every detail - which is exactly what I wanted to hear. It's important - this insurance will be saving this film's butt for the next 3-5 years (from pre-pro through to distro).

Main focus of my day was that - really. Did cast things. Worked through other 'not so exciting to type here' stuff.

Important - I made time for myself today. I pretty much shut down my 'film world' and went downtown to hang out with my friend and living room leader Sue, to catch up. And it was great. It's just nice catching up with people - especially ones that you have been seperated from due to work. This is call to my girls Julie, Silvia and Jen - it's time to hook up. Also, my Graham cracker - haven't seen you since you came back from your Thailand adventures.

Aight people. I don't really know what to talk about today. I should actually get back to work. We are travelling to Hamilton for measurements tomorrow morning. Should be interesting - I will finally have an opportunity to see our St. Paul's location. Great!!!

Skunks - did I tell you about the time the two skunks came by my back door in the dark? Usually, it's raccoons, and we just open the door and they run away. Well this time I looked through the blinds with the flashlight - and there they were - 2 skunks - tails in the air pointed at the door. Ugh. I was trying to print something off the computer - but it sits near the door. The last thing I need is for any sound to travel to their ears and cause them to spray.

Three summers ago, Sarah, Dana, Carli and I lived downtown on Sullivan st. Talk about the weirdest summer - year of SARS and the blackout. Anywho - it turned out that we had an entire family of skunks living underneath of the house. Basically they burrowed underneath from the backyard. What was worse - is that at the back of our apartment there was Dana's room and then the kitchen, my room, then the living room. It was a long house. Carli and Sarah were downstairs with our bathroom. Anyway - the skunks burrowed straight until they were almost fully underneath of the kitchen (the basement wasn't as long as the main floor). One morning - Sarah and I were at the hospital working, and Dana woke up. She has the patio sliding doors in her room. She smelled a skunk outside the door - so she slamed the glass door shut. Well, apparently skunks don't like that. They began hissing and could be heard under the kitchen.

Then the inevitable - they sprayed all underneath of our house. I'm telling you - not a pretty picture. The smell would not leave us for weeks. Honestly - it was horrible. Dana was going home that weekend - and had to bring everything fabric with her - all her clothes and bedding - everything in the apartment STANK!!! We febreezed everything and poured carpet powder on the floors, use aerosol cans to put a nicer scent in the air. Honestly - not something I ever want to repeat in my life.

So yeah - these two skunks live near here and prance around often enough. Hmmm. Our security light barely works too - so when I do come to the alcove behind the house to get to the door, i never know if there will be one waiting for me.

So - i guess i did have a story. Smile - it didn't happen to you.

The houses are all connected - so there are very little windows.

ps. 27 days to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home