Friday, February 17, 2006

i thought it was a spark

When I was on the subway, I first thought the blue flash was a spark. Funny that I think about this now, but why would a subway spark above - that would be a street car. Anyway, I guess I didn't want to believe that I thought I was seeing lightning.

It's February 16th, 2006. Snow is finally almost here - and then we are hit with a very fast and heavy rainfall and full on thunderstorm. I was speedily walking home cradling my laptop case (hats off to CJ for lending me the Targus bag - cause it's waterproof - saved my expensive investment). Then I came across a huge limb from a tree, most likely struck by lightening. It was very large and overtook this one household's front yard. Despite the rain, i just had to figure out where it came from. I couldn't figure out which tree in the immediate surrounding it came from.

Puzzling. Anyway. Speedily walking in rain, yet still on icy sidewalks is not the smartest thing to do. :)

So be careful out there everyone. You should all buy the spring mounts you can get for your boots. They aren't picks, but metal springs that dig into the ice/snow to provide a sturdier step.

I was listening to my iPod today and heard TDG's "I hate everything about you". It's funny how that became the song of the summer of 2003 for a select few. That was probably the best summer ever. SARS screening at St. Joseph's health centre, we became the biggest family - and everyone, old and young, would hang out all the time outside of the hospital setting. It was like my last 'summer'. It was right when we graduated University, and considering that SARS killed the film industry momentarily, it was right before my career began. But there was something about that song that spoke to some of us. I think it was one of those fun times in your life where relationships are just off the wall complicated - and that summer brought on some real drama.

Oh, nostalgia! I'm going to curl up in a ball and watch a taped survivor episode and maybe spend some time with Aucky.

peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home