Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Tag

If you have never seen this commercial created by the Nike advertising reps from Portland, OR - you have to check it out. This was done a couple of years ago in the city of Toronto. My friends kept telling me how great it was, but I never saw the damn thing.

I came across it on Radke Films' website when I was checking out their production services. Go to Radke films or to the following website: http://www.methodstudios.com/mot395.

Definitely worth the download time. So fun and inventive!!!! :)

I miss those days with freeze tag and tv tag - but it would be awesome to play a game with the entire city!!!! :p

I worked with the same creative team from Weiden+Kennedy right when this commercial had finished airing and once it started winning a bunch of commercial awards. It's funny, cause so many people were so excited about 'Going to School' - I was honestly overwhelmed by the public's reaction. I loved 'Tag' so much - and now I wonder how much publicity the main character from 'Tag' received when he was on the streets of Toronto. This company has a very strong creative team for sure, their commercial output is very impressive.

To this day, my favorite memories about the commercial are: 1) witholding the news from almost everyone I knew - so that when it aired, I was swarmed with emails/calls with people saying that this girl on tv looked like me (personal favorite - a friend inhaled a mouthful of popcorn when she first saw it - not that I want her to choke, but it's awesome to read that!) 2) My pastor David McGhee coming up to me and telling me that I was his favorite television commercial actress ever. : ) That was funny.

And to think, this was God's way of helping me complete my fourth year of University. He works in very amazing and 'fun'tastic ways. I guess 15 minutes of fame is fun. I love it! :)

PS. Watch Tag - you won't regret it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home