Saturday, August 05, 2006

oh my goodness. pass me the classifieds.

Aight people. I think it really is done for in this apartment.

It urks me for a few reasons...it's a cute place. But really, i miss the sun...and i would prefer waking up with sun shining through my windows... then again, i would like to have windows again. :p

The Friday night series, episode like 8. I come home and I do have new friends. Now, mind you, there weren't as many...but I think I was actually afraid to swat these guys.

Driving a friend home, I actually started to feel anxious about what I would find. It's always something new - for real. This time it was like GIANT flies. I don't know what else to call them other than mutant. They were loud and strippy (no they weren't bees...) but like BIG. I was scared for a moment - cause that was something I wasn't expecting. Last week was like the baby flies...then your typical house fly and now the giant fly....

So Viewit.ca is up. I mean, I could torture myself until I leave, but I hate coming home and dealing with this EVERY night. It's been fun...but it's time. (tear)

The sad part is that I love the area...but I don't think I can afford to find another solo place in the hood. I'll start really looking on Monday and if I feel it strong enough, the two month notice will go in then. I would ideally like to spend less money and start saving for my trip. (yay)

So laugh it up - one day, I won't have these stories anymore.

In other news. It was Shannon's last day in the office today. Actually, her and I will be working through the Hiatus next week, but no one else will be around. It was sad thinking about it. Jonathan will be jumping in after hiatus to take over the show. Fun times with J-dawg. Not the same, but will still be amusing.

I will miss all the laughs we shared for real between Julie, Shannon, Chris and myself. It's been fun.


NEW SIDEBAR. Gas prices. Driving to work, it was $111.9...tonight it was 107.7. yuck much? how did it seriously become okay to keep it that high.


Age. I'm really feeling my age lately. Yeah, I know I'm not old in the least, i'm only 25. However, I've become increasingly more aware of my age lately. The number doesn't bother me at all. It doesn't mean anything. After we shot the main unit of "The Storm", I was seriously feeling and looking like a 40 year old - with the extreme lack of sleep and healthy eating...you start to desperately age in your face. So i was stressed about that for a while. But it'll do what it wants to do - so I had to grin and bear it as my body started rebuilding itself. Anyway, all this to say that today was the clencher. I was on a liquor mission for the producers on my show. I had a list of beer and wine and such to pick up from the LCBO and the Beer Store. That's chill. It just looks like i'm stocking up for the long weekend or something. Anyway - I never get through the LCBO without getting carded. So I buy two enormous bottles of wine and some wine coolers (mission 1 part a - check). The lady didn't card me. I'm thinking 'cool...i didn't feel like taking that wallet out anyway'. Start grabbing my bags after our transaction is complete. The lady behind me is now in the process of her purchase, and right away she is asked how old she is. She was like 'i'm 23' and they went through the whole ID check. And the thing is that she looked way OLDER (or more mature?) than I did.

Didn't she? Am I starting to look 19??? Am I starting to look 26??? Cause they say if you look under 25 they will card you. And for the first time, I really pondered how I appeared in the eyes of other people.

Sad.

i'm going to apartment shop now.

Oh right - the other reason why it might be okay to rent another apartment is that I might actually be in Toronto for another 10 months (I KNOW!!! It's so long for me to think about it). The initial date was for February 12th...which was fantastic. But I might not have enough money by then (this is because the savings DROPPED when I was doing TS for free). So this other show called "Glimmer" might be coming through our head company - which would run from November through to May. WOW. That will surely help me save up enough money. But I can't leave in may cause Sandra will be getting married in June (the 16th I believe)...so I will be here through the wedding and possibly leave early the next week (18th through the 20th).

None the less, in the agenda I currently have, the date that I'm leaving is currently within it. So I'm simply excited about the whole idea of the departure. So it's okay that this is happening. I have to be okay with it. I'm working the position I'm in for the steady work and this will all help pay for my trip. So I have to smile through this. And I really am - cause for the first time in a long time, I'm blessed with a fantastic atmosphere. And that is VERY key in a workplace environment.

g'night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home