Tuesday, July 25, 2006

bypass

I might just skip over my weekend's events for now. So much to say, but no time to really say it.

None the less, welcome to my day.




Driving. I think I've become desensitized to the idea of being hit by another car in this city. Probably because I'm on the road so much with my job. The other reason being that enough people in the day almost sideswipe you (sadly, i would say because they are not paying attention or not remembering that other people are on the road with them) and then so many people pull the stupidest stunts on the road that you just expect it to happen. Scary reality. I feel that I have become a calmer driver when it comes to this city because of this reality. A price to pay for driving in a large city like this day in and day out.

I love taking the long way home. Bypassing the inner city traffic. The city looks so crisp at 8 o'clock at night from the Gardiner. Rush hour traffic has subsided by this time (at least those heading North East).

It's just nice. Toronto is beautiful in its own way. I am finding so much time to appreciate this city as I get ready to leave it. This might work against my plans to live in BC. I might end up missing Toronto too much. :p

EMAIL - I got an email today from Active New Zealand. I am FULLY focusing on this trip in September. How much money do you really need to leave on an adventure?

I pray for a new job right after "Naturally, Sadie" so that I can afford to leave sooner rather than later. *sigh*



thE otheR daY

1. I saw a transport truck break so hard that his hood popped open. Do not fret, it was an early Sunday morning - so there wasn't a lot of traffic...

2. I opened my apartment door to find 8 squirrels surrounding me. They definitely were blocking my path in every direction. They did not move. They have no fear. I did say "creepy" aloud. Cause it was. This was a singular occurance.

3. My second Skydiving video came in the mail. It also has a glitch. Sad. So we try again.

4. I survived my apartment's plague (more on this to come).


5. I started having problems posting pictures on my blog. : ( And it continues (aside from the random allowance of today's picture).

I smiled a lot today. No particular reason.
This weekend gave me many smiles.



I wish I could save up my smiles and bring them out when I lack the motivation to produce my own.

i'm walking away. i am going to try to put together my Gazelle Edge tonight.

step. step. step.

2 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Blogger sue said...

i am interested to hear all your smiling reasons!! see you tonight lady.

 
At 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home