Sunday, July 30, 2006

The happy moments that spare me from this apartment plague...


Despite all the bad things going on in my apartment right now, I am looking through the dark annoying clouds and finding some sunshine.

Quick recap of my last week...

A few notable smiles...


TWO FRIDAYS AGO:

: ) = Gold medal ribbon ice cream milkshake
: ) = 6 on 5 baseball game
: ) = trying to figure out why…
: ) = driving on clear roads tonight…after dealing with the clubbing district pathway
: ) = a 6.40 am phone call from my Grandfather (only he would ever do that…)

I was picking up Julie & Shannon's lunch today, and it was right near a Baskin Robbins - and since Julie was getting a milkshake...I decided I probably deserved one too. :) Any excuse for a milkshake. Softball was great. We actually played a game. It was 6 on 5 with the red team at the advantage. It was a blast, despite the fact that blue lost 20some points to 3. The red team started to try to get out since they were so long at bat at times. It was funny. We had a blue team heckler. Eventually, I got him to be nicer to us, and in the last inning, he actually cheered for us. Our three points were the MOST enthusiastic ones of the game. Hats off to True Blue Fever. Friday morning driving in to work - my phone rings at like 6.40am. It's not Shannon's cell, so I thought this was strange. It was my grandfather. Go figure. Leave it to him to phone so early in the morning. The funniest thing is that he tried my brother too that early. I know I'm strange and was awake at the time, but not too many people I know voluntarily wake up at that time. : ) Oh grampy, you make me laugh.


Last weekend - rocked...


After softball, we chilled out at the Richmond Rogue. Then i drove some teamates home. It was a fun evening getting to know more about the team. Fun crowd.

Saturday morning, despite the lack of sleep due to the maggot infestation cleaning mission, I woke up for my long time coming haircut. I was SOOOOOOO happy to be there and to get those many inches chopped off. My hair was super long and some people think that's fun...but when it's just dead and yucky, and split-endy, not so fun for the one with the hair. So I went all out and got fun bangs and layers and partial highlights (first time in my life). I wanted my hair to not look so dark and cold. So there are warming layers in it now. I think it's cute. :) And despite my fear of showering away Michael Barnett's (the stylist) sleek hair do, I have thus far been able to maintain the look. Despite my lack of stainless steel hair straightener.

------

After the morning at the 'salon', I rushed home to grab something before heading off to pick up my brother. We were to meet our grandparents who wandered through Toronto for a short trip. We met up at the Richtree Market at Front & Yonge. It was hilarious. After meeting up, we spent some time chatting. Note - there was no line up at the beginning. But we didn't do the chatting at the line up, we stayed at the fountain where we originally met. So, by the time we decided to be smart about chatting while waiting in line, there was a big crowd waiting to be sitted.

The Richtree is a cute little market place, where you travel to different stations to order different types of food. Anyway, I think we walked around for like 15mins and we kept bumping into each other, and NO ONE had food on their plates yet. My brother later said, that the first time he bumped into one of us with food on our tray, was with Grammy, and all she had on her tray was a BUN!!! It was sad. None of us were inspired. I was sooooo hungry, that I kept ordering carbs. Unfortunately, once you start eating carbs, you can't eat too much. It fills you up a lot. So I kept passing food off to my brother through the meal.

After a lovely meal, we decided to walk over to the Skydome (aka Rogers Centre) to try to nab tickets to the NY Yankees/Toronto Blue Jays Series game 3. Nice and cheap. In the 500 section we sat, and I thought it was great. I grew up with people who lived near all of their extended family - and you always heard about how they spent their weekend with their grandparents fishing, with their aunts/uncles/cousins camping...etc. I always wanted to experience that. So it was just so nice to be with them at the game. I kept looking over and smiling at them knowing they were with us. Here you had two Toronto fans rooting and cheering alongside two very devout NY Yankees fans. Funny.

I have dreams of meeting up with them on worldly travels...

So a nice Saturday with the family.

-----

Sunday. Met up with my sister and her husband for brunch at the SENATOR on Victoria. Not a special place, but it was fun. My sister announced to us that she is currently expecting their first child. (congrats guys). First one of the next generation. I pray that the newborn is welcomed into this world safely and in good health.

Spent the morning chatting. Then Brian made us watch a video he took from his family reunion (that took place on the Saturday)...a video of his family shucking corn. :p

Tried to catch up with the gang to play ultimate frisbee/waterwars...but couldn't find them. So I went home and got caught up in some things before heading off to church.

Many thanks to my Goosey for lending me an ear tonight. Your friendship is much appreciated.

Nothing too exciting. I was kind of numb on Sunday. Feeling strange. Drove Megarrah home and chatted with her for a bit (you're too funny girl...).

Hmmmm. Well. That recaps my last weekend.


My thoughts through last week...

I don't remember much happening last week. Nothing too eventful. Our living room dated another Living Room this week. That was fun. There ended up being only like 6 of us there. Rachel made this delicious summer pie (soooo yummy). We had wonderful worship and a great time getting to know one another and just laughing and having fun.

Another great moment last week was yet another ice cream surprise. Thursday was our show's(Naturally, Sadie) lead actress' 17th birthday. So we went all out with a HUGE Baskin Robbins Ice Cream Cake. Oh yes my friends, it was the best surprise ever, Gold Medal Ribbon ice cream birthday cake. Sooooooooooooo Yummy. When Julie and I found out that it was GMR, we were both sooo happy.

It's the little things in life.

Softball - week two of gaming it...

Despite the rain, people showed up. It downpoured this past Friday, on and off all day. Luckily, it stopped by the end of the afternoon. Got to the field, not dressed to play at all. I had a feeling the game would be nixed.

Walked the field, and it wasn't that bad...the outfield at least. The dugouts were flooded and behind home plate and a great length of the infield just behind 2nd base was a stream of water. Many of us tossed balls around, but eventually 9 people in total showed up. Game on. Advantage blue team, with 5 0n 4. It was a fun game, especially when the ball would land in the stream like puddle by 2nd base. People would be stunned and it would affect the speed of our plays. But oh so funny. I was playing first base tonight. I really had fun there. Got in some good catches. It was just a fun time. The game ended tied 9-9. With runners on two bases, I was the LAST batter up to end the game. I hit shallow infield and never made it to first base. It was fun though. I was the only girl playing tonight. Although, Shawna did join us at the field...she ended up as umpire in the end. I think she might join us next week...

Hit up the Richmond Rogue again. Had a blast with five of the players (John, Dan, Brent, Shawna, Dave). It was just a good time after a fun game.

By the time others had to split, we didn't want to go home right away, so Brent, Shawna and I headed up to 'The Putting Edge' for some glo in the dark fun. Concluded a great evening. I represented my family name quite well leading the players with a score of 52 (par is 53). They were not that far behind...but I don't remember exactly what they had...sorry. After leaving the mini putt, we were drawn towards this pub outside the AMC who had a live band playing covers. We sat down to chat for a bit more and enjoyed the music before heading home.

I was a good girl this weekend working hard core at spring cleaning the bedroom/closet parts of my apartment. Caught up in my sleep...nothing too much more to say about Saturday.

Out.

1 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Call me whenever you're playing Ultimate -- seriously -- I haven't played in ages and I'm dying to get back out on the pitch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home