Monday, July 31, 2006

summer nights.


this monday worked out for me.

but i did lose my only blue pen. that was my fault. i still don't know where i could have left it. chris made a sign on it with my name. blue pens are like gold in a production office. and sadly, people like swiping things from my poor little desk. it's the first desk when you walk into the office. this is how i lost my red sharpie today. i hope one day it will turn up again...

work was good. people were wearing thin by the end of the night due to the weather (it was pretty warm all day - even through the night, it's still really warm). I think it's beautiful.

After work I drove home. barely spent a moment here before being invited out to High Park to watch a movie in the great outdoors. So fun. a small group of us met up to watch "Shark Tales" under the stars on an inflatable projection screen. It was a fun little summer monday activity. i miss watching the films at the waterfront at the cibc stage. Great spot. i dunno why that isn't going on this summer.

------------------------------


For the ladies. You know when you just feel like dressing up?

I've found that I have been such a girl lately.

For the past two days, I have put out the extra effort to 'look the part' and get all gussied up and skirted up...well as gussied up as I come. And both days I was told by a different boy that I looked good. Both times I smiled, cause a comment like that coming from a boy is way different then hearing it from a girl. It's just nice when boys notice. Even when it is a friend or coworker, it's still nice.

I think most girls know what I'm talking about here.

gives you that extra skip in your step.

*sigh*

i sit and wonder.

did he notice me?

ugh.

i'm such a girl.

-----------------------

Shout out to my friend Mark J. Who will not be attending Freekout this summer (sad) as a friend is getting married in England. HOWEVER, he will be donating Stuart, his lovely vehicle, to provide access to Bon Echo to a few more of the pack. Apparently we are experiencing a car shortage for the camping trip. Yikes. Hats off to you Mark and your kind gesture.


Photos can be found at Natalie Dee's website. Check it out and enjoy the visit.

1 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having spent my entire afternoon reading your blog (instead of working) I have been inspired by you.

In addition to the inspiration that is, Alison’s blog, I also feel that we are kindred spirits you and I... How so?

It’s because I too, know the pain of losing a beloved pen, since my favorite purple pen has been lost due to thieving co-works. I think we should united in an effort to rid the world of this petty crime. UNSCRUPULOUS PEN THIEVES BEWARE!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home