Thursday, August 03, 2006

red means STOP in Canada. thank you.


Today was a day. Not the type of day you normally blog about. Yet, here I am talking to you.

A few things to note.

Tonight sucked as of 11.50pm. I dropped off Sue after LR (which was nice to be at). Started my drive home up Bathurst...up and down the little hills that decorate the street.

A reminder lesson in checking both sides of an intersection before driving through. I usually always check both ways before crossing an intersection while I'm driving. Tonight, however, I didn't pay enough attention to my left hand side. I was driving down a little hill, on the wet slick road, started to do the intersection check before going through MY green light, when suddenly the car on my right caught my gaze because he almost turned onto Bathurst (his red light, turning right) INTO MY LANE. So my attention was taken away onto him, as I had to make sure he didn't hit my car...when out of left field, a car ran through his RED LIGHT and JUST JUST JUST missed raming into the side of my car. Like my car JUST got through that part of the intersection when he barreled through. And by just, I mean inches from my rear bumper. He had no headlights on, and was travelling very fast. It was freaky. Had I been able to react to him, and not distracted by this other driver, I might have slammed on the brakes...and on the slick roads, who knows what would have happened. He probably would have hit me had I hesitated. UGH UGH UGH. Stupid drivers...seriously.

I'm not going to give too much credit to these Chevy Cobalts we drive for work. great to have a company car, but not the best in 'conditions' of any sort.

Anyway - that was kind of freaky...but it all happened within 3 seconds. Scary how quickly a very dumb driver can honestly wipe out other cars.

Walking down the driveway into my nook, it sounded like either someone was powerwashing their house's exterior or something. It sounded like a generator was running something big on the street just north of ours. We're talking about 12.10am here...not humane, thank you.

So I get home, right. Guess who is here to welcome me in!

That's right...about 9 big flies. YAY.

It will not end. Honestly, it just will not end.

I am no longer showing mercy to any spiders I find in my apartment...who at times, i thought would possibly help me with my bug problems by EATING the mongrols. That doesn't seem to be the case. So the spiders must go as well.

On happier notes...or less bothersome and gross. Some smiles I found hidden in the day.

1) Playing games with the OBL. (that's Office Bowling League) Chris and his Creme Saver bowling lanes. It was a slower day today...and when the internet was working, Chris msn'd me a link to a bowling game. I don't like playing games at work - cause that's just not right. Anyway, Shannon encouraged us to enjoy the calm moment. So we were going to play just one game. This thing was addictive. Next thing you know, Luz from accounting, joins in on the fun. It was funny.

2) How blue the lake actually looked today. It reminded me of the west coast almost. Although, I bet standing closer to it, you might have noticed the typical brown hue.

3) Seeing Julie P's kitty Oliver after driving her home after work. He was groomed today - and she invited me to see him. Anyway - he's like a mancoon (spelling?) cat, and when he started to do his version of 'meowing' he reminded me so much of Julie R's cat...and it made me miss Julie & York. (a happy kind of miss)

4) Laughing at the office. Always enjoying the company. Bugging Keith with the accounting ladies. : ) Shannon telling Chris and I how cute she thinks we are, cause we act like brother and sister. Losing paper, rock, scissors for like the 20th time. The randomness that is our office.

5) The rain. The temperature dropped like a ton of degrees tonight thanks to the weather shift. Amen. It was so unberably hot in my BASEMENT apartment last night!!! That is unusual. My heart goes out to the peops who were without air, circulation in general or on a higher floor level than myself - cause I can't imagine how gross it was for you last night. So yucky.

6) Scoring 2 free movie tickets. yay. :)
-----

Bothersome. How when I watched City TV deliver the weather today - they almost non-chalantly mentioned that we will be seeing severe thunderstorms and the 'usual tornado watches'. USUAL??? Trust me, I don't feel we (Toronto) are in the place to say that this is typical weather. ew.

Bothersome II. Watching an interview yesterday on Global's news with two guys who produced/directed a documentary that took them across the country to find out why people hate Toronto. Most people would say that they hate toronto, but couldn't exactly explain why. Who makes a movie about that? Ugh number 2.

Music: mix of the radio and SOAD's Toxicity album. Missed hearing it...but with being on the road so much today, I think i've heard it almost 4 times straight. Hence the mix with the radio.

3 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A.B.,
Since you have brazenly referred to me on your Blog, without permission, I would like to be appropriately compensated. I think $500. If not monetarily, then $500's worth of your personal labour. Please see me in Accounting for further negotiations.

 
At 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Princess Zulu and representation,

At this point in time, my client, will be countersuing for $1,000 in punative damages and workplace 'discomfort' in regards to the case of 'The A-team vs Super FPA'. I extend an invitation to both you, Princess Zulu, and your representation, M. Malana Poomen, for a sit down with my client and myself to further discuss the situation, before we take this to the next level.

Sincerely,
Ima Loyer

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger sue said...

maybe you should move...!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home