Friday, June 09, 2006

Hi, my name is Alison. But my friends call me...

Nicknames.

I have been going through a very thorough spring cleaning of my apartment and have found the time to be *nostalgic* and read through old yearbooks and journal entries. Through this small journey, I found a lot of references to old nicknames. In my OAC yearbook - there is even a section you could fill out with what your nicknames were - and my friends all put in their own two cents at this point.

I don't know the actual history of how nicknames came about in the first place - and i wonder if it's actually an interesting story.

I am trying to think of every nickname I have ever had. Sometimes, the nickname means diddly squat - but other times, they really did have a deeper meaning or great story behind them.

In no particular order, here are some nicknames that I once carried (or continue to do so) in my life.

Small One
Daughter
Bulger-girl
Ali-baba
Ali
Ally McBeal
Strawberry Shortcake
Yoda
Aspirin
Anacin
Boalomashima
Kicking Princess
"The littlest grip that could"
Shorty (i guess many of us have had this nickname)
Cutie : )
Tigger
Smiley
RB (for Rainbow Brite)
Nike Girl
Mav (aka Maverick)

I'm probably missing a bunch, but i'll just add to the list if I can remember any new ones. It's actually fun looking at that list (well, at least for me) and remembering all the stories behind the names.

What nicknames have you been blessed with?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home