Tuesday, May 16, 2006

planes, trains and automobiles

Friday May 12th, 2006

So we’re on hold to see the first complete rough cut of the film. Anton has a complete rough cut ready – but Todd’s en route to Montreal as we speak. It’s only fair that he gets first dibs at viewing the cut – but I’m so excited to see Anton’s work. Todd will be seeing the cut upon his return on the 16th apparently. I look forward to seeing it later next week. : )

I’m trying to be productive today. I can’t believe that I’m still chasing departments for their money. The poor grip department – we’ve been dealing with this one cart rental that has thrown off their petty cash returns. Ugh. Soon, this will be done. I hope.

I have found inspiration for my mother’s present – however, it saddens me to say that it will not arrive at her house until after mother’s day. : ( I’m excited to see how it turns out and I hope that she likes it. My parents are very unmaterialistic people – and I would love nothing more than to do things for them and take them places to share experiences (ex: travelling) with them. Sadly, due to distance, this isn’t always possible. I’ve decided to create something as a bit of a picker upper for her. Something that can encourage her on days where she needs it most. Mothers are the most amazing people. There is a bond with their children that is tremendously strong – and no matter what happens in life, a part of them will always be in you. I am very blessed to have my parents in my life, and I wish I could thank them for believing in me and being a great support system.

My parents are going to be coming to Toronto sometime this summer. My dad does not want to tell me the confirmed travel time. This is because him and I are going skydiving. This is something I told him years ago – that we would go together when he turns 50. I swear it must have been when he was 42 or earlier. His birthday was back in October, and we had to wait until the spring/summer for the season to start up again. So here we are. We both share a great fear of heights – however, this is not something that has ever stopped either of us from doing things like climbing or flying (he has his pilot’s licence!). The idea of jumping out of a plane and freefalling towards the planet – yeah kind of scary. But at the same time so exhilarating! I think he’s trying to back out on me. I remember for his birthday I sent him a TON of lottery tickets and a note stating that if he won a SIGNIFICANT amount of money on any one of those tickets, he COULD back out of the skydiving adventure. He failed his mission, and now he’s mine. : ) I am very much looking forward to this adventure.

I might go home next weekend (may long weekend). I might have a ride up – and I haven’t been home since Christmas. Still haven’t decided yet. My sister is also coming down from Ottawa. My parents are working, so they won’t actually be at home. Might be a good time for me to sort through my junk so that I’m ready to leave on my worldly travels.

I charged my iPod for the first time since being on the film. I missed having a soundtrack to my life as I walked around. Actually, mp3 players are great – I find they can really encourage someone to work out. Yay good music. This was my short ode to music. : ) I actually still need to figure out how to get all the music off of the desktop and onto my laptop.

I’ve been shopping for a digital camera lately – so very important to capture the world around you visually. I think I have it down to two choices – (1) the Nikon coolpix P2 and (2) the Canon Power Shot S21S. Tempting, very tempting. I am much better at buying large/expensive purchases for other people – not so much for myself. If anyone knows me and how I treat new things – it’s hard for me to break them in. I’m over cautious at times – I’m working on this, but it takes time to shed challenging quirks.

I was thinking about San Francisco today. So nice. I have a friend who is flying out to LA for a film festival that is showcasing one of his projects (congrats Anton!) – and I’ve tried to convince him to go to San Fran – so beautiful. It got me thinking. I honestly consider San Fran one of the most beautiful cities. Maybe it’s just the entire west coast, but none the less, it’s a great city. I thought about if I had to list my favourite cities in the world, well, it would be a very small list, cause I haven’t been to too many places yet in my life. Sad. I hope to change this list by the time I’m 30.

Thus far, I guess my top 3 are:


1) San Francisco


2) Vancouver


3) Hong Kong

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Followed behind by Los Angeles, a city that will always be close to my professional heart.

I can only imagine countries that will provide beautiful cities/towns that will one day become part of my favourites list – some hidden gems in Cambodia, Thailand, China, New Zealand, Vanuatu, Korea, Africa, Costa Rica, Hawaii, New York, and some places in Canada for sure – who knows. I still have so much to see – these eyes are not experienced enough to make a list. I am very excited about seeing New York city – I’m thinking soonish, but maybe during the fall is best – cause that part of the US is probably a lot like Canada and simply beautiful with the changing of the seasons. My parents are going down in September – might go with them – would be interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home