Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I hope you had the time of your life...

Wednesday, May 3rd, 2006

Today I’m feeling unsettled. I had an incident last night on the phone with one of the executives and it has left me with a bad taste in my mouth. I felt that he crossed the line when he asked about my personal financial situation in a way that really threw me. My living situation has changed since this film has started, and I had already deferred all my payment (long story – not bloggable). I’m in a very difficult situation right now – and I definitely need to find a job to help pay for my bills/rent and also to save up money for my travels. I don’t intend on staying in Toronto to work in film, and this is something they haven’t talked to me about yet. There are so many plans going around about other films – but no one has asked me what I want to do.

It’s gorgeous outside today. It has been and will be all week. It’s a wonderful change to be out in the day (from being a nocturnal film member, who was so tired during the days that I did work, that I never truly had the energy to appreciate the beautiful days that did occur).

My week has been very nice. On Wednesday, we had living room. We actually grouped with another living room and had a meal together. It was so nice to meet new people – or really put faces to names of people I have spoken to on Fnet before. Rob made chilli for everyone – and others brought some fixin’s and goodies. It was really good and the setting was great. I’ve been away from my Living Room for so long – it was just incredible to be with everyone tonight. We’re doing something new this time around – we’re building the curriculum for the first time. The book we’re reading is “Mere Christianity”. I started reading the book last night – and it’s brilliant. C.S. Lewis is a genius with his words. Before this book, I had only ever read his series “The Chronicles of Narnia”. It’s a really good read – and I look forward to getting through the book.


Friday, May 5th, 2006

I don’t remember what I did today until I called Magali around 1pm. I really wanted to get out but couldn’t find a reason to leave the apartment. So, we spent 6 hours shopping. It was great. We went up to the Outlet stores off Hwy 7 – and it was just something I needed to do. It’s been so long since I have gone shopping for myself, and finding bargains is always encouraging. We ended the great day with dinner at “Jack Astors” followed by the screening of “Shop Girl” at my house. FINALLY – we were able to rent this movie. I have wanted to see it since it came out in theatres last fall. It was the last copy at Blockbuster too. It was an okay movie – it was sweet. I never really formed a critical thought about it – outside of the fact that the lighting was very distracting at times and felt slightly amateur. That is all I can really remember. I loved the cast – they are actors that I truly enjoy watching. Anyway, I love the song they used in the trailer of "Shop Girl” – by Death Cab for Cutie “Sound of Settling”, and I’ll be darned, it’s not even in the movie. : ) Go figure.


Monday, May 8th, 2006

My weekend. I didn’t find motivation to do anything yesterday. I was doing research on the computer all day for a variety of things. I read somewhere that you can train a hamster to respond to his name (at least react) – so I’ve spent some time trying to train Aucky. There was some quality time spent with my pet, however, kind of wasted time because I don’t think it worked. Maybe he’s too old to be taught new tricks. He’s almost a year old now. I’ll let you know if it ever works, but don’t hold your breath.

Today started on a good note. I skipped this morning. And wow, am I ever out of shape. I only skipped for like 5 minutes (yes, it’s depressing for me too). I am encouraged that I will build that up throughout the summer. So yeah for workout schedules. I did some work on the film – accounting stuff. Then I made my way to Freedomize. Today we were on set up. It was a fun day – it was the day the women unleashed their secret “Hat & Gloves” day on the boys. A thread on the women’s message board had been brewing for months. The girls looked great – some of them were head to toe ‘church ladies’ others were simply accessorized or dressed in vintage pieces – it was great. At the door, I was greeting people in with Elaine – and we both think it was a good thing that I was one of the greeters – cause there was a flood of girls in suits at the back of the church, and for someone coming here for the first time, could scare people away because we look ‘formal’. I was simply in cargos and a t-shirt – so Elaine and I balanced each other out. At the beginning, Tom and I were doing extravagant welcomes with leaning into one another showing our best jazz hands. Sadly, it was lost on most people who would turn their backs at the last minute. : ( Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

I feel more at home at Freedomize now – this church has been going through many changes and it feels really good right now. The sermon was great tonight – with David speaking about the story of Saul. This is the one story that I know the most in the bible.

Back when I lived on Foxbar, I didn’t have cable and to tell you the truth I barely watched tv. But there was this one show that I used to watch every Saturday (for kids) that spoke about the bible. One segment on this program was an animated story telling of the bible – where this boy and girl would travel through biblical time with their robot and participate in the old stories. The one I remember most was the story of Saul – who became Paul – the chosen one to deliver the new message of Jesus after his resurrection. Anyway, it’s such a powerful story of redemption. And it really makes you look back on your life. It was a really great sermon to hear this week.

After tear down, I travelled home with Jason & Becky’s to play the next video game in our ‘scare you silly’ quest and of course, eat some yummy pizza. The game is called “Condemned” – crazy. We’re half way through the game. You are this guy who I believe is a cop or fbi agent. Anyway, you are framed for the murder of another cop because this psychopath uses your gun to shoot the cop. While you try to track down the true killer, you’re being hunted down by both the real killer and by the entire police squad. It’s not really scary so much as suspenseful. The graphics are amazing! It’s on the xbox 360. We’ll need another night to finish the game.
I spent the rest of the night at their house and then walked home early the next morning. It was a nice walk home. When I got to the St. Clair Reservoir, I realized home much I missed living in that area. If only for that park – my favourite park in Toronto. I would run there every night. It overlooks the CN Tower, the main downtown high rises as well as Casa Loma. It’s so quiet and beautiful there. *sigh* It was a nice day for a walk.

I’m going to be spending a good deal of the day working through tomorrow’s plans – we’re going to be scouting the summer unit’s location tomorrow. Finally – we’re all excited about this road trip. We’re eager to start the planning process. Other than that, I have a week to clean up and pack up Malcolm’s stuff – before he picks up the last few things.


Tuesday, May 9th, 2006

So we were supposed to go scout the summer location today, but that fell through late last night. I got the call at 10.30pm from Tore. He didn’t have his number with me, so had to wait until he got home. I wonder still why Todd didn’t just call me himself. Anyway – I had to call Lisa and Karl and pray that they weren’t already in bed – as we were all going to be catching the 6.45am train the next morning. I felt bad too cause Goose had already come over to spend the night, as there is no way to travel from Richmond Hill to Union at that time in the morning. We watched ‘The Italian Job’ instead (great film – makes you want to drive really fast cars – sort of makes you really want a supped up Mini). Today we strolled up Yonge street to check out the area. She always wanted to see that part of Yonge. It reaffirmed my desires to remain in the area – which is good. Everything I need is around me. I live on a great side street too. With the spring blossoms, it’s so beautiful around here.

Mother’s Day is this coming Sunday – and I remain uninspired. I want to do something special – but it’s hard when my mom lives 3.5 hours away. Still thinking, always thinking.


Wednesday, May 10th, 2006

Productive day. Worked out. Cleaned up. Made vegetarian meatloaf for my living room. Worked on ‘Mere Christianity’. It was a nice day. Then I started to feel under the weather. I had that ‘itching’ feeling of a cold for like six days. Then Sunday night it hit me and just got worse and worse. One of those colds where you feel terrible first thing in the morning as your throat adjusts, then everything feels better during the day and it hits you hard again at night. It’s Maegan’s birthday today – and I’m sad that I’m missing her party. Happy birthday pumpkin! I hope you had an awesome night with friends. You deserve it girl!



Thursday, May 11th, 2006


Today was a rainy day. I braved the weather conditions none the less. This is a big deal – because I’m not a big fan of the umbrella. There is no point to me to carry an umbrella. Generally, when it is raining, there is wind. When there is wind, umbrellas invert. This inversion causes the poor umbrella holder to spend time in the pouring rain struggling to get it back to normal, in the end making the holder more wet. I would love an umbrella that works. Maybe my opinion would change then. There was this one girl I saw at Avenue and Bloor once that inspired me. She had a string tied around the tip of her umbrella. The string ran all the way down the front of her umbrella and into her hand where she held it. This made sure that the umbrella would not invert. Genius. The other problem I have with umbrellas and rain – is that there are a lot of people without umbrella etiquette. Yes ladies and gentlemen, there is such a thing and it is VERY important while walking on a busy street. I have almost had my eye poked out way too many times to start on this one people. Terrible.

Even though it was raining – I had a good day. Went to the store and bought a lot of movies. HMV had a lot of movies priced 3 for $20. I have a lot of gift certificates for HMV – so I spent some ‘fake money’. It was good. Bought supplies for my mother’s day present and walked back home, struggling with my umbrella and slowly drawing water up my pant leg. Sad. So I was drenched when I got home.

I called Sarah up and made plans to spend the day with her. A bunch of people were getting together at the “Red Lion” at night to hang out with her before she leaves (this Sunday early in the morning) and I wanted to spend some one on one time with her before hand. It was great to catch up with her. She’s nervous about leaving, but I know that once she gets there she’s going to feel at home and wonderful. So exciting. What an opportunity!! It was great to see some old friends too – saw Claire (from our film – funny), James, Frenchie, Jesse, Tanya, Matt and new friends alike. We sat next to their fire place – so very warm on this chilly wet evening.

It’s strange when you say good bye to friends who you won’t see in a long time. What can you do really? I don’t know when Sarah will be back – I do hope she either stays in Nairobi working with the UN or starts her worldly travels. She wants to do it, and I think this is a great opportunity for her to begin her world touring. You never know though. I’m just really happy for her – so saying good bye was strange. I would love to see her more often in my life, because she’s one of those friends that you connect with so quickly on an honest and true level. And I’m proud of the path she’s following. I hope to meet up with her on her journey once again.

Hugs to you Sarah. Be safe and know that you’re loved!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home