Sunday, March 05, 2006

meli melo

So, I have a good sense of humour about myself. Embarassment is never an option. I think that being embarassed can be a waste of time - why bother? It's like "No regrets" - you should live your life with no regrets - cause in the end, if there is something that you want to do in life - and you are too afraid to do it, the only one missing out is YOU. :)

I have attached the post that Malcolm wrote about some 'delusional' sleeping incidents. For those of you who think I'm a crazy lady for only sleeping 3 hours a night (cause God blessed me with the ability to survive on little sleep) - well, let these stories explain WHY I DON'T sleep more than three hours a night. When I do - bad things start to happen - well, not bad, just very very very strange.


begin malcolm post

alison the tired

so, i believe that this film that alison is working on is taking a toll on her. she gets very little sleep and a whole heep of stress, and i get front row seats to the action. at night she often passes out on the couch, and the stresses of the day infiltrate her dreams. i'll sit at the computer typing at this blog for example and she'll seem to wake up. i say "seem" because it is a very strange in between sleep and awake stage. she is obviously not aware in the least about where she is or who she's with or anything, but her eyes are open and she does not mumble like she's talking in her sleep. it actually takes me a bit to even realize that she isn't exactly awake, and she will not remember anything she says or does.

anyway, i have two funny incidents of her doing this half awakeness.

incident 1:alison needs to sign actors for this film to deal memos. soooo, the one night she woke up as i just put aucky, our hamster, back in his cage. And she told me i'm not allowed to do anything with him(aucky) yet because he hasn't signed a deal memo. nice. and then she promptly passes out again

incident 2:she wakes up, and she spreads her arms as if saying ta-da while smiling at me, and then she immediately does another pose in which she had her arms stretched high while doing jazz hands. after this she asks "can we have fireworks in this[production]?"she then had her hand in the shape of a phone to her ear and was talking. and i asked if i could talk, but she gave me a brief lecture about how her business calls were not to be passed around like that. and then she passed out again.

ahh alison you provide many moments of amusment in your tired delusional states.

end Malcolm post

That's me. I thought it was hilarious when I read it - cause I knew nothing about it except for the phone thing (I remembered that one). Anyway - I think being able to laugh at yourself is great. At least I was entertaining. :)

My parents left for Vegas today. They will land in about an hour and a half (depending on the flight). :) That's exciting. 15 days before spring blossoms. 17 days before the cameras start rolling on the set of our first feature film.

One day, I'll look back on these entries and laugh. How silly things are. How great life really is - and how one day, this will be part of my nostalgic moments of 'youth'. Sigh.


This is another picture from the NZ website - they have been the backgrounds on my computer - a nice motivation for work I guess. *Sigh* One day I will be there backpacking on my own. Maybe shorter trips - or I'll just head out after the next film. Cause, dang, it's where my heart wants to be.

Have a safe trip Mom & Dad. Planes, trains, travelling fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home