Thursday, February 09, 2006

to infinity and beyond

Forever is a scary thing to grasp. I can't conceive the full idea of living forever.

Eternally...mind blowing.

It hurts my head. I think it might be impossible to grasp in our human minds. I think this is because we all live on a time limit - we know that eventually, we will physically die. Spiritually, we will live forever - however, I don't know if it's possible to imagine and fully understand the idea of this forever waiting for our spirit. We can pretend like we know and we can say that we can conceive it - but I believe the one part of our brain that might understand, is a part that we don't know how to use yet. Ugh.

Maybe it's just me. But since I was a little girl, I've tried to think about the idea of forever. One thing I would ask myself (from when I was like 10 till now :) sad, but true): Can clearness go on forever - or will there be color at the end? Is there the possibility of infinity? "Clear" is a colour, ex: air - you look through it, and not really at it. So, can clearness go on forever? What would it look like? If you think that the answer is simple, it's not. Have you ever seen clear forever?

And space for that matter - it's infinite. My challenge is for you to actually TRY and grasp how much infinity is!!! It's insane - it really begins to hurt my head. We're so used to the idea of boundaries. If it's not your city limits, it's the fact that we live on a planet - and we are in a solar system - which we have yet to travel beyond. And there is still this whole other existance out there. Did God create it all to stimulate our brains? Cause if we're not using it, why is it there?

When I was a kid, we used to banter about either a game/a role in a group gathering/position on a team by friendly back and forth nonsense. I'm sure most of us used this method, where one kid would say something and the next would follow up with a "+1 over anything you say". The first kid would follow up with a retort "nah uh, +2 over anything you say". Kids banter this way until one of them exclaims "+infinity over anything you say" and the best one is "infinity + 1 over anything you say!!!".

What is infinity + 1? can we honestly go beyond infinity. If not, where is Buzz Lightyear always flying away to? :p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home