Monday, January 08, 2007

Living within the boundaries of a calendar year.


my internet is wonky. for some reason the wireless doesn't reach my room on a regular basis. i have since switched to direct ethernet connection. no more long vacations from my blog.

happy 2007 everyone.

i'm not a big new year's fan. i don't get hyper excited about celebrating the end of the previous year. i generally like to keep new year's eve pretty low key. and for the most part, i think it's silly to proclaim new year's resolutions, when you know a great majority of people will slowly lose touch with their intentions.

I'm not taking away from the fact that reflecting on the previous year can be very fruitful and is very important. It's good to look back on what you have accomplished over a period of time - so that you can see your growth and see what you still need to focus on.

But then again, why be discouraged when you fail to fully achieve a new year's resolution, and give up after a few weeks.

The best example of this are in gym facilities across north america - who see their peak season in January/February. And then slowly, the crowds start to fade and the regulars can reclaim their machines in a timely fashion.

Every day is a new day. Happy new day to you.

January first is just another day in the calendar year. Every day should be seen as a time to be better and to do more in life. Every day is a chance to live stronger. Living your life one day at a time can bring forth a simple joy and sense of accomplishment.

2006. How can you categorize a year? You can't. Every year is great. Every year sucks. How you embrace the greatness and the suckiness makes up how your year was - how successful it was. A year of turmoil could be the most successful year you ever see. Blessed are those who can embrace both sides to every story - learn, grow and live through the moments presented to them.

Embrace your yesterday.

my 2006. was good. A LOT of growth - especially spiritually. There was a lot of bad - don't get me wrong - but from the bad, I chose to survive, not fall. From the bad, I have grown a great deal in my faith - especially in the later half of the year. From it, I was able to embrace so many wonderful blessings. New place, new friends, new relationship, new jobs, new smiles, new tears, new eyes.

my 2007. what blessings i might experience this year are not up to me to decide. but i do look forward to certain new phases of my life. i do look forward to new employment. i do look forward to becoming an aunt this year. i do very much look forward to taking that first step onto an airplane to begin the long awaited journey to NZ.

my trip.

it changes almost every day. where i want to go, for how long.

How much should your new life influence what's to come?

buying the backpack. i want to start training in under two weeks. this will entail hiking every weekend with the pack on my back. from my house all the way down bayview avenue to the queen street construction zone, and back home again. slowly building up the weight until i reach my pack's ultimate weight.

buying the backpack isn't as easy as it would seem. Most women's packs are made for curvier women, they don't sit properly on my body, and then most men's packs' belt straps are too wide for my waist. Fun predicament.

i smile.

this is going to be an interesting year.

The hidden blessings. The things that He has planned for me that I have yet to discover.

I can tell you how much i appreciate the blessings that He poured into my life in 2006.

Things that i don't deserve. But things that He wants to give me because I am His.

I'm down with that. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home