Thursday, November 16, 2006

my feet keep treckin', i'm just along for the ride


White Castle - Port Huron, MI - September 30th, 2006


I want to write a photoblog of where my feet have been.

I have this strange fascination with taking pictures of my foot/feet/other people's foot/feet in different places. I have no idea if there is a simple explanation or if it's something very grandiose that has to do with how i remember where i've been and how i've grown in my life through the footsteps that i take.

Most likely - it's just a simple reason.

Today, is not the day for that photoblog.

Today is also not the day for posting about the road trip to Port Huron, MI.

I never posted my blog about White Castle. I owe this thing a lot of summer stories.

It's thursday night. I had a lot to talk about, but my brain decided to go on vacation for the evening - so i now find myself at a loss of words.
my current show, Young People, goes to camera on Monday. So tomorrow is going to be rough. A new found perk to this show - working on Saturdays. That's right folks - 6 day weeks. It's just part of the gig. We have a lot of talent traveling in from out west, and they always fly on Saturdays. So someone has to be around to shuttle them as well as provide them with their per diem.

One day of recovery each week is not the greatest.

Now, someone out there reading this is going to say something like 'i work 7 days a week, you don't understand.' Au contraire - i fully understand and respect people who do this, along with people who juggle more than one job (especially when it's two full time jobs - which is insane). And I'm not so much complaining about working a 6 day week - just more so putting it out there - that for my friends, who could start wondering what happened to me - now you know.

And on a side note - full time in my world is not the very attractive '40-44' hours/week. No, it is more like "60" hours/week. And working "60" hours a week on paper - which we film office folk do - isn't necessarily "60" hours. More often than not, it's far beyond that. So, at the end of 6 sixteen hour days, you might understand how one day isn't enough of a recovery.

Luckily, i haven't worked 18hrs straight on this show yet. So far i've been able to cap off at 14hrs.

oh film industry, why do we torture ourselves so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home