Wednesday, December 06, 2006

today, i Age


it was my birthday yesterday.

26 years ago - my poor mother gave birth (by c-section) to a bell shaped baby (i'm not kidding you folks, i was a contortionist from birth - and it explains a lot). through the course of natural human progression and through my life journey's trials and tribulations - let me present, me.

still full of hopes and dreams. still with the travel bug bitting away at me. still young at heart despite the new number added to my age. still wondering, still searching, still progressing.

it's strange. birthdays that is. i'm not a big fan of them - for myself i guess. i love celebrating other people's birthdays - but when it comes to my special day, i don't really want people to make a fuss about me. i'm very strange with that type of attention.

yesterday - was nice.

a stream of emails from family and friends to start my day off on the right foot.

worked my 12 hours.

photobooth extravaganza.

the phone calls.

the nostalgia attached to hearing your parents sing you happy birthday.

coming home to a plethora of balloons chilling out in my room. taped balloon on my bedroom door - reminded me of little school when they would do that to your desk.

napping on that cursed couch - that thing is laced with something, it's far too easy to accidentally fall asleep.

thoughtful friends and good company.

duke of kent - to celebrate a three way mutual birthday with Galen & Jason. drinks & smiles.

a mutual hug walk home.

remembering how to smile.

your never ending smile.

late night chats with hannah.

falling asleep in my bed.
it was perfect.


SHOUT OUTS:

galen & jason - for picking the right day to be born. thank you to galen for posting and organizing the pub night.

michal, the wonderful 2nd AD from our crew, sent over a care package bday gift bag in the office. trying to brighten up my day - it was a big surprise and so touching. Later on, when I found my way to set, we ducked into the photo booths in the galleria mall (near base camp) for some glamour shots. fun times. The AD department were cheerleaders to me - making sure everyone around me knew it was my bday. (Jenn/Michal - you ladies get gold stars for your warm hearts)

Jonathan & Tracey for their hilarious duet in the producer trailer - with Tracey's enthusiasm, and Jonathan's woo hoo - it was an awesome mix that i wish i could have recorded. Surprise - i am welcomed with a gift bag full of every ingredient necessary to make long island iced teas. so funny. definitely my favorite drink to order at a bar, but i've never made them before, so this should be interesting. showered with birthday wishes, love and hugs from crew members and cast alike.

Kimberley - for your dedication to balloon blowing...for your love and friendship. for my new special friend. for the balloons that made me smile. (i love balloons)

Hannah - for your thoughtful heart and your desire to protect me should the worst happen on my travels to NZ. hahaha

Brent - for your patience. for your time. for your love.

Mother & Father - for everything. :) the emails, the phone calls, your love and support. i'll see you soon - xmas is like two weekends away...

Michael - who is so funny. thank you for the mystery package in the mail today. hahahaha i love my brother.

to everyone who phoned, emailed and msn'd me - you guys truly brightened up my day.

i am so very blessed to have you all in my life.


it was an odd day though. mood wise. i can't necessarily explain it just yet. there's a lot going on that has been playing with my emotions.

but it ended exactly how i wanted. feeling right at home.

my heart was smiling.

thank you.


ps - more to come on life pre-birthday, including my bday present to myself - the buffalo bills game. oh the goodness of the nfl.

2 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy belated birthday!

p.s. what is your e-mail?

love m

 
At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH, ALI B!!! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY WISHES TO YOU! May all your 26 wishes come true in the upcoming year!

Love you lots!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home