Wednesday, November 01, 2006

mishaps and misfortune. it's not all that bad.

it really isn't. i'm really happy in my life right now. the hiccups i'm facing in my life right now truly are simple challenges that i am facing for a reason.

there's always a reason.


it's wednesday night.

MISHAPS: so far, this week, i have managed to stain my fingers orange TWICE. Once by an exploding highlighter - and i was alone in the office and couldn't leave the phones to go rinse off the streams of liquid orange ooze for about 20mins. So the highlighter liquid slowly seaped into my skin until it was almost impossible to scrub off. Another time, tonight, while cutting carrots.

An aside - so i cut carrots and my fingers now have this funky orangey tinge (don't worry - it's slowly dissipating). I make a salad for dinner and ring the romaine through my salad spinner, and the water is a very murky deep green. What gives with the colour loss in our vegetables? Is it cause i'm not eating organic?


Another mishap - a sample package of JIF peanut butter exploded in my jacket pocket.

rewind. we're at dinner for Hannah's birthday on saturday and Kim gets an omelette. With this comes their dish of PB&J. I have never seen a JIF PB sample - so i help myself to one. After randomly collecting different samples - i thought it would be fun to have a jacket full of obscure samples to offer to people. And this is why you don't do such a thing - exploding PB. Lesson learned - i am no longer collecting samples for my jacket pocket.


Another mishap
- a slew of painfully located and random blisters on one innocent finger.

this one brings me back to my carrots folks. clearly, i'm not a chef. a new and clear sign of this is how i use knives. i can't necessarily be as strong a cutter if my hand is on the protected handle. I feel that i am too far away from the blade and cannot use as much force while cutting. So i hold onto the top of the blade for a more secure grip. We're not talking steak/butter knives - i mean the fancy big knives with the long blades/handles. Anyway - all that just to say that i cut a bunch of carrots and the entire time the top of the blade (the unsharp part) was banging into my finger - and i now have three blisters on my right index finger. what the crap people? what the crap.


I started work this week. I don't really know what to say about it yet. I finished the script today. Oh - for those of you who aren't 100% up to date - the title of the film i'm working on right now is "YPF", aka Young People F'ng. Yeah - so have a giggle about it and move on. The script is actually an interesting read - and it's not because of the content - it's because of the way it follows the different characters. Not really planning on going into details about this.

I feel very blessed - because this job will run until December 21st - so two months of straight work - which is so very lovely. And also, we're at TFS - which i absolutely love. If you're ever going to feel like you work at a real film studio in this city - this is the place where that will occur. Working with my long time co-worker J-dawg. And the producers and the team really are great people. It's a very small office in terms of people - and i forgot how nice that was to work within.

I have mixed feelings about different things about this job but i don't really want to get into details right now. Or ever for that matter - not on my blog that is. Let's just say, i have a feeling i'm going to be challenged in my environment and in the content of this production. Praying that i come out sane. : )



Smiles through the mishaps:

there's always a reason to smile. i have way more than this - but you have to cap it somewhere.

1) successfully setting up the printer to work from my computer, after several failed attempts in the office today
2) Colin's nike swoosh balloon that he drew for me at Enoch's party
3) the view from Mark & Laval's balcony
4) late night Nairobian msn conversations with the lovely Sarah
5) sitting behind a steering wheel once again
6) despite the struggles i'm facing with this new job - realizing how present God is in my life and feeling His protection
7) the weather - it has been quite lovely this week
8) a dinner date friday night with an old friend
9) knowing that on saturday i'm going to be purchasing my backpack for my trip

10) my boyfriend.


The boyfriend. So i've never really introduced this new character of my life to my blog world. I honestly don't know exactly why that is.

I'm not a big PDG (public displays of gushing) type of person. And it's not out of a lack of appreciation for my bf - i just don't feel it's what i want to share with my blog readers. But i've come to realize that he's probably going to be involved in a great deal of stories in my blogging life - so i figured I should introduce you to him...sort of.

what a classic way to do it.

wurd.

his name is brent.

blog world...meet brent. brent, meet my faithful readers.


slowly people are learning about this relationship and it makes me laugh. but to answer the recurring questions as to how it all came to be. we met through FT softball in the summer. Hung out a bunch and became friends through the season. and eventually, we decided to go the extra step and start a relationship.

tada.

i'm not trying to short change anyone of the story - cause if you know me, you know that i can't tell stories without really going into details. i'm also not trying to downplay how much i care about him.

i just want to make it official.

maybe a blog introduction is just strange.

enough gush.


My brother is safe & sound. Thank God. His slightly perturbed roomate (and i say that lightly) is out and a new one has moved in. I'm praying that all goes well between them and that the other knows better than to try anything else. If i ever saw her on the street, i really don't know how i'd react - but it wouldn't be a good day for her.


Enoch Khuu - is a great person. And because he's so amazing to so many people, our dear friend Elaine decided to throw him a surprise birthday party almost two months post the date. He was sick on his actual bday, and it's mostly due to how much time he was spending helping others with their projects - in the end, he didn't do much on his actual day of celebration.

The party was this sunday and it was a success. The entire time, he thought he was stalling Mark J from a surprise housewarming party and all the time, Mark was really stalling him from his very own surprise shindig.

We decorated, baked, cooked (all Elaine - yummy dinner) and awaited the fateful moment of his arrival. At first, he ducked into the crowd to cheer on Mark, thinking that we were shouting for MJ - it took him a bit of time to realize we were all cheering for him.

We love Enoch - boy's sign.
We love you more Enoch - girl's sign.
Hellium balloons with written messages.
A packed room full of 20ish friends and one Enoch.

It was nice.


it's really thursday morning now. sunday feels so far away.

it didn't seem that far away until last night.

this is nothing compared to the 4.5 month gap that is on the horizon.

why am i so freaked out about this lately?

argh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home