Friday, November 03, 2006

upcoming

Today is friday.

winter is approaching - it snowed yesterday. it is cold today. windy. i like it though - it's better than a downpour.

Tonight I have a dinner date with an old friend - the lovely Silvia. We dine at Grazie - which is chill cause it's near my house and also cause I've always wanted to go and never really had a reason (the wait time is tremendous esp. cause they don't take reservations).

Tomorrow is errands day. Yup. Fun stuff to kick off your weekend. Laundry, cleaning, sorting. LR meeting downtown. Hopefully a MEC date - none the less it's the weekend to crack into my last GC for that store - and i am looking forward to the shop. At night - a movie date - the feature - good ol' Borat. After this week - i need a good laugh.

Sunday is Sunday. I'm covering a fellow FTer on setup - so i'll be at Freedomize early pm. Post church, a long awaited dinner date with Brent. I look forward to the evening.

Then week two on Young People.

Other upcomings.

Meeting for the Coordinator gig.

Applying to the Union - yup, i'm caving. If you wish to comment on my plans to throw my life into a union - feel free. I am leaving soon on a long awaited and lengthy trip - and wise people told me it might be a good idea to join the union for several reasons. I agree with these reasons.

My first official NFL game. Sadly, it will not take place this Sunday versus the Green Bay Packers - but I will be travelling to Buffalo to catch the Bills in action versus the Miami Dolphins. Fun times on December 17th - in a open concept stadium - i must remember to bring very very very warm clothing. and mittens. With no television in my life right now - i can't actually follow the season. So i'm not saying that these are two teams I support this season - but being an NFL fan, my heart leans towards Buffalo, despite their not so hot shot reputation these last few seasons, but they are the closest NFL team around. And i'll support them - good or bad.

My grandparents' 55th wedding anniversary is happening on Monday, November 6th, 2006.

Participating in a Photo Scavenger Hunt mid November.

A plethora of Raptors' games. Maybe not so much a plethora - but at least two in Nov/Dec and another in the new year.

A Christmas work party - not my own, but Brent's.

A concert at Roy Thompson Hall - Handel's Messiah.

In a few short months i'll be an aunt.


a favorite upcoming - i'm attempting to make my mom's delicious ribs very soon. :)



There are more upcomings. These are the ones travelling through my head today.

It's been a rough week. I am very excited about the weekend. I don't think i get to sleep in this weekend. I was actually looking forward to extra sleep - which is unlike me. Oh well.


i bought a chair this week for my balcony. that's right - just in time for winter. i don't mind that however - i have blankets and can always make warm drinks. i used to sit on my balcony every night and just spend that much needed time alone. then i started rearranging my room and that door remained blocked by boxes as i sorted out my life. i miss my balcony. from it you can see the very tip of the CN Tower's top spoke. :p i overlook construction from my balcony - and i actually enjoy it - cause it's interesting to watch the progress. i also continue to think about communicating with the two crane operators that sit in their machines every day - thanks to a pocket reference book - i am learning how to speak 'crane' talk. :) let's see if this distracts them at all.

my 'home gym' is expanding. i have all these tools and things and i haven't really applied them to my life yet. i'm not a gym type of gal. i'm more into playing actual sports and rock climbing and kick boxing. But i'm trying. i think i have fun things - which is good, cause i get bored very easily with things. my gazelle is fun and all...but variety is better. also - i am still interested in joining a pool/rec centre. i definitely need to expand on my water abilities before actually thinking about taking up surfing in NZ. hahaha

i really have very little to report. i'm at work - and probably shouldn't be blogging. there is very little for me to do today. i am really just reflecting on things. which is good. i'm really starting to get nervous about the IATSE application.

ugh.

it's noon.

the day is almost half way done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home