Sunday, October 22, 2006

snap

So it's early Sunday morning. About 1am.

Special Shout out to my father - who turned 51 yesterday. Woot. For his 50th bday, him and I went skydiving for the first time in either of our lives. He has no idea what i have in store for his 60th birthday. : )

Special shout out to my mother - whose birthday was September 17th - i was out of town on her birthday and I never did give her a blog world nod. Sorry mum. :) I love you just as much.


So my moment.

Recap of my life. I'll try to mind your time.


Friday night - date night. I look forward to this day - more so when i'm actually working - cause not only does it mean that i get to hang out with boy, but it also represents the start of the weekend. i appreciate weekends. don't we all.

so now that i've contributed such an insightful comment to the internet world out there - what was so special about friday?

well - i received a present from brent.

a thoughtful present.

and with this - i can conquer my fears.

meat is no longer safe in my kitchen.


latex gloves.

that's right.

it's funny cause i had just bought the missing ingredients to my mom's hamburgers and still couldn't figure out what to do with the actual making process. cause yeah - i really had no intention on actually making physical contact with the meat mush.

yuck.


I now look forward to my first attempt on my mom's recipe. She makes lovely burgers. Delicious. So i asked for the recipe. You have to understand that my mom is a real cook - knows her recipes so doesn't actually follow paper recipes for a lot of things. Burgers are one of them. Her yummy potato salad is another. So when you request a recipe - you usually get a list of ingredients with descriptive words - such as for the potato salad - 'lots of mayo...little mustard'. so you literally have to discover the recipe on your own.

this should be fun. i'm all about making people around me guinea pigs to my cooking and baking.

don't worry - my food generally turns out edible.


I bought a bunch of movies on friday - the Jurassic Park trilogy for 20$, Ghostbusters 1&2 for 10$, and Dirty Dancing for 7$. Classics for the shelf when i grow old. I have bought a slew of movies lately - but have yet to watch them. i feel bad always watching movies - but with no tv - it's our only viewing option. that and these terrible cartoons i have on dvd. i endure them, but they are quite terrible. ugh.

we made it through 22 minutes of Jurassic Park. i suck at watching movies late at night - generally i fall asleep very quickly.


So i'm modeling for a friend of mine this coming Wednesday/Thursday for fashion week. I discovered two things at the fitting on friday evening. One - i'm not a model (i walked into a room with very stylish and done up women - i am a t-shirt and jeans girl who doesn't believe in makeup....funny). Two - the waif look is out.

It was actually quite amusing. Another friend of mine, Kate, was at the fitting as well - and when one of the designers would ask me to try something on for them they would be like 'it looks really nice - but it should fit like this.' they'd do a little adjustment, look at kate, and ask her to try it on. she has more curves than i do. and never failing - the outfits would sit perfectly on her.

it was funny and sad at the same time. like nothing fit me.

i was too small.

i do have two outfits that i will be showcasing down the catwalk. wurd. one of which is this skirt that actually has to be pinned onto me or it will fall off. egad.

we have a four hour pre call - for about a minute on stage. it's going to be a lot of fun - a new experience that i can appreciate. it is a different type of art form and i truly respect the designers and their pieces.

Anna - i'll give you more details - remind me if i forget - but i could always just take pictures for you.


Bell phoned today - at noon exactly, as they told Hannah. i answered the phone.

BELL: "this is bell phoning to speak to the person who set up the account on september 5th"
ME: "i'm afraid Kimberley is not at home right now. My name is alison, i'm the one who phoned in on September 6th to make all the adjustments, can i help you with anything?"
BELL: "Oh, well we are just phoning today to conduct a satisfaction survey...."

NOW - if you know me and my entire history of Bell - you will know how quick this call was. I'm not a fan. They screwed me over big time in university - and trust me - i will not forget how they continue to treat their customers.

I am not mean - sometimes i get really completely bothered. I don't cuss them or yell at them. But i AM firm.

So when he said that - i smiled on the inside. After asking me for ten minutes of my time, i informed him that he would not require ten minutes to complete the survey - that he could take every question he had to ask me and answer himself 'completely unsatisfied' for every question - because that would be our communal response (between the three of us). Following his computer screen and probably completely thrown off that i wouldn't take ten minutes - i reassured him that if he had any reason to believe that i was not completely unsatisfied with my service provision by Bell and every single employee that we have spoken to on the phone between the three of us - he could review our account, and then listen to all the recordings of every phone call we have had to endure with the Bell staff and from there he could completely understand why i no longer have ten minutes to spare to complete a bell satisfaction survey.

am i mean?

hannah laughed. i was actually quite disappointed that it was that simple.


today was another day of crazy headaches. for the last two months now - it's been on again off again with these headaches. what happens is a 'normal' headache will start - and i don't like taking pills so i try to sit through it alone. then it starts to shift as it intensifies - and the vertigo kicks in.

migraines i do not experience. vertigo i do. it is how my body responds to what would be a migraine. that might sound strange to some people - but it's actually what they discovered through a summer of medical testing. it's also a genetic problem. migraines and vertigo.

ugh.

SOFTBALL.

it was raining. i think it scared some people away. none the less seven of us did show up - the troopers - Jamie, Dan, Brent, Shawna, John, Goose and me. it was fun-ny.

it was spitting. but it had rained - the field was a mess. puddly and muddy. and when you stepped out into the grassy outfield - it sounded like there was running water underneath of you - very strange.

Hendon Park.

we played catch to warm up until we had enough people to do some infield practise and eventually batting practice.

on the other diamond - there was a team of players that were gathering to play a game of baseball. eventually they came over and asked us if we would like to join in on a game with them. i called it - i had been watching them for a bit and thought they might want to play since they themselves only had 8 people.

we didn't end up playing a game today.

in the end we hit up Smilin' Jack just down Yonge street. ate, drank, talked, laughed.

headed south for the evening. Shawna, Brent and i hit up DQ on the way to my place - despite the cold we at ice cream. then went to my place where we joined Kim in a viewing of '10 things i hate about you'.

end saturday.

tomorrow fan fest. church. evening outing.

good night.

1 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were definitely not men to BELL. I hate BELL service as well. What a scam, they have a major monopoly over this entire country.

P.S. You'd better get me the dets on your modeling debut. I want to be there to cheer you on. Love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home