Thursday, October 05, 2006

May the rainbow be certain to follow the rain...

I can't actually believe it's already October. Another day, week and month have gone by. Soon enough, 2007 will be here.


...one night...


I’m smiling right now.

I feel so blessed.

I have lost myself in smiling moments throughout the last little while.

I’m loving every minute.


Today was good. I had a coffee date with Sue, and it was lovely. It was the type of day that you can really appreciate. The fall weather was crisp. The colours were sharp. The sky was so blue. The clouds were so white. The grass was uber green. I don’t know how to explain how my mind was absorbing the world around me.

I’m on a work break – and I really had a lovely day. We sipped our drinks outside the Starbucks and enjoyed the fall day. Despite the fact that I had a banana cream frappacino (thanks to my brother and introducing this drink to me during the TIFF) – which is a cold blended cream drink, I wasn’t terribly chilly.

Walking back to the subway, I was dreaming about wool mittens.

I miss walking. It’s not that I don’t walk places when I have a car, but usually when I’m working, I don’t have time. I love it. Especially downtown in the evening light. It’s a very unique time of day.

I enjoyed listening to my iPod. It’s been a while.

I pick up a car tomorrow for Mike and I to drive back home. I hope he brings the clown mask. Last year was wicked funny. We leave Saturday morning. Not too early though – cause you gotta hit up good ol’ Webers on the drive home.



Ramblings:

Had a funny moment with an older gentleman on the subway. Made me smile. You can still find happy moments in this city.

Worked a day on a commercial on Tuesday – for Ali. A wrap day. It brought me back to my days on commercial sets. Can’t say that I actually miss those days anymore. I enjoyed my time with my commercial team…sadly, that was a different me. It was great seeing Ali again and meeting the PM. Also, their office was on the TFS lot – which is always fantastic – cause the same people from my Wild Card days work there still. I even had my amigo at OutTakes make me a special lunch. So lovely.

My landlord reassigned my parking space on me on October 1st. He actually gave it to someone else, despite the fact that I am currently paying for it. I was not very impressed. There was a surplus of cars in the lot that night too – and I had to park in this odd place. He phoned the next day. I believe the car has been relocated.

My parents just got back from New York city. I look forward to hearing about their adventures. I have yet to make that treck. I’m thinking about it…

Bell disconnected our door buzzer. We can’t buzz anyone in from downstairs. The repair call is going in.

I am going to be modeling for a friend’s fashion line at the end of the month. I am so nervous. I thought it would be good for me to do something I wouldn’t normally do – and I absolutely love the clothing line that my friend has produced. She runs a store with other fashion talents new Bloor & Ossington, called Freedom Clothing. It’s a cute store with very chill fashion items. I have a fitting next week. I’m super excited about this…despite the nerves. Being done up with dynamic makeup and fun clothing – it is exciting. I’ll let you know how it goes.



Enjoy today…

Tomorrow I hope to put together this Gazelle Edge that has been a presence in my life in box format for several months. Finally.

I say this now, but tomorrow will be a very busy day.

2 Comments:

At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are able to breath and relax for a while. October has always been my favorite month.

I WANT AN INVITE TO YOUR FASHION SHOW!

Happy Thanksgiving my dear Ali B.

 
At 3:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alison!
Its been ages...can't believe i found you after all this time on the web. How is your swahili coming along? Get in touch asap!!!
My email is brian.muriuki@gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home