Saturday, October 14, 2006

the best thing to ever happen to the North Bay Centennials...


Was being sold to Saginaw, Michigan.

OHL will never be the same. My hometown's team was bought out in 2002 by Michigan.

What happens to the Centennials after transforming to the Spirits? They gain a number one fan.

Not just any number one fan.

No, no. They get none other than Stephen Colbert.

Apparently the team has since named their mascot after him (Steagle Colbeagle, the Eagle), and Colbert does nothing but support the team. He talks about them all the time on the Colbert Report.

This american team continues to play in the OHL. My brother was watching the show the other day and Stephen showed highlights from the Saginaw Spirit's game VS the Sudbury Wolves. So funny.

If you don't follow OHL, you probably don't care too much about this new information - but to me it's absolutely hilarious. Colbert has made comments on US national television stating to the public to speak to their local newspapers if they don't already cover OHL action.


so yeah.

while i'm on the topic of sports - sad news came today as the Raptor's tickets officially went on sale. The first game, on November 3rd versus Milwaukee was not available. Not only is most of the arena sold out - but you couldn't even really get TWO seats together, let alone three. The best option was sitting in a diagonal, with rows of other people in between. ugh.

none the less, along with my brother on the phone walking me through the teams he'd like to see, we're hitting up at least two games this season - starting on Sunday November 26th, 2006. Later in the month than I expected, but i'm not going to complain too much. :)

I am still really interested in trying to get tickets to one of the Argonauts' playoff games. Their last game in Toronto before the Grey Cup will take place on Saturday, October 28th VS the Montreal Alouettes.

Maybe i'll buy tix for that.


In other news.

Our Town was fabulous on thursday night. Jen McNaughton played one of the lead roles, as Emily. She did an awesome job. Was able to spend the evening with Shawna, Sue, Lisa & Rob from FT. Hit up the Yellow Griffin pub post play. Despite the random bits of blizzardy snow spells, the evening was nice.

Friday I had a ton of fun drilling holes in my walls and having the stinkin' things crumble on me. Lesson learned. There are TWO walls in my room that no one should attempt to put holes into - they explode on you. Ugh. I have since decided to hang up pictures in those areas.

Don't worry - i repaired the holes. I am quite the handy woman. :p That and for some reason I own a bottle of Mono.

Unemployment has got the best of me again. I'm addicted to a new show. Grey's Anatomy. It doesn't help that it's the only tv we really have (since we get ZERO channels on the actual television). I will be joining Zip.ca in the next month. Let's see what other TV shows i can get addicted to. :)

I don't actually want to plan a new addiction.


Last night I actually thought that the reality of my moment would become more visible. Somewhere we missed a beat.

We went to our friend Esther's store Freedom Clothing. This quaint little store, which showcases a lot of very talented local fashion designer's works, also puts art on display for local artists. They were revealing their next line of art work last night at a mini gala almost (it was soooo packed). It was lovely.

Very very packed - so I didn't want to stay too long. I have no idea why...i'm not clausterphobic, and i love being around a lot of people - but last night i didn't feel right. Maybe i've changed since my days at the underground music shows where ever direction you turned there was another body beside you and you could easily fall into conversation with complete strangers.

Maybe i was just being funny.

Tutti Frutti came our way and at the end of galavanting around the store, I decided that not buying candy was not a viable option anymore. Too much candy.

We ate and walked and ttc'd home. He walked me to my door like a gentleman.



mutually losing a simple challenge.



i don't know what to say.



My roomates make me laugh.

I fell asleep on the stupid couch again. We have all proclaimed that there is something in the couch that puts all sitter oners to sleep. It's way too comfortable. But at least now people understand how it could be my bed at my old place.


Tonight i play with the Swine girls. It's been far too long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home