Tuesday, August 08, 2006

the family

of centipedes. There were baby centipedes, teenage centipedes, mama centipedes, papa centipedes and grandpa centipedes.

I smiled. There was only one fly.

So it's been a whirlwind of a weekend. I am moving. Probably sooner than I imagined. Found a place today. Will now be living with two roomates - Kim & Hannah. I'm excited about this new beginning. Saw a cute place in my neck of the woods...steps from a wicked park with two premium baseball diamonds and a killer toboggan hill. So fun. New carpets and bathroom. Strange kitchen - but it's almost overlooked when you realize that two of us have been living in basement apartments and just want the abundance of light that exists in this apartment.

So we pray that we are approved by the guy now. pray & pray & pray.

Today was seriously messy internally. More so because of the lack of sleep. My parents called at around 8.15 am and I was still up from the day before. I took a 'nap' at about 8.20am and woke up at 10.06am. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH I had to be at the apartment for a look see at 10.00am.

I flew out of my apartment. Checked out the potential digs - didn't really feel called to it. Then I started to worry about everything. Is it really a good idea to move? Is this what I'm supposed to be doing? That's when Kim and I ended up on MSN and found this cute three bdrm place we both called. The landlord called by 4pm and wanted to show the place by 5pm. Ack. It was a funny run through the city to grab ms. maurice before heading back up to check out the area.

Talked to Leslie about the whole moving out thing - and we had a great talk. I really will miss her as my landlady - she was great. She even offered to help me bring some of the larger loads over to my new apartment with her Honda Element. Very chill.

Checked out the movie night at High Park again tonight. They were screening '50 1st dates'. There were 6 of us in our party. It was fun. You know watching films with a large crowd really increases your reaction. I found myself laughing so much more watching the film this time around. And I noticed how much everyone around me was laughing. I think I bent toward the norm of the crowd with my reactions - of course this is all done on a subconscious level. Interesting.

Anyway. What a gorgeous night - so crisp was the air. Saw a shooting star while lying on the blanket during the 'intermission' (or what we like to call random pausing in the middle of the movie...ugh). It was nice.

This weekend has proven to be a very God driven weekend. I feel very empowered by His presence lately. And for this I am very grateful. It's been an interesting weekend.

It's about 1am. I have to be up in about four hours. 'night.

ps. Anna, I didn't see you tonight! : (

2 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Blogger sue said...

new house and new roommates!! i'm excited for you.

 
At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A.
We were there but sat at the back with David in our lawn chairs under a pine tree. I looked around for you, but too many faces in the crowd. David thought the same thing as you, the movie was better this go around... It's the atmosphere. How can you go wrong on such a beautiful night. Hope to see you next Monday for the Poseidon Adventure. Glad you had fun

 

Post a Comment

<< Home