Sunday, April 16, 2006

the warped sense of trying to lead a normal life

We have one week left of principal photography (spring unit). I am in Toronto for the Easter weekend - but it's almost surreal. You can't get into being at home all the way - because you know it's going to change all over again on Monday when you drive back out to Hamilton.

It will be nice to be back in the Tdot. However, being detached for so long, you really do miss things. I am very out of touch with the news and with friends.

Today will be my first time back at church in over a month (thank goodness I can go today). I have been in meetings and in Hamilton every Sunday prior to today. It's Easter Sunday today (Happy Easter!). I look forward to tonight's service. Also - our living room is on set up and tear down and I haven't seen the lot of them in so long - it will be awesome to catch up with the group.

My moment. Well, it's funny I guess. My head is supporting a nice yellowish bruise with my 'gash' type injury. Never did I have a cool looking purply/blue/black bruise. No, no - we skipped the good colours and now it looks like I've applied some sort of bad eye shadow in the center of my forehead. :) Nice.

We went to Delirious? last night. It was a great way to spend part of my Easter weekend. Their new album "The Mission Bell" has some great tracks, and I've never seen them live before. For me, it was a great experience - I was in a room filled with so many hundreds of other Christians. I am a bit newer to the Christian faith, and it's really incredible to see the world around you with open eyes. It was great to see the different people there last night who had taken part in the entire weekend of conferences. Went to the concert with Malcolm and Michael from Freedomize. Met up with Enoch and his friends and bumped into Anne Marie - it was a good time. Great music, Great company. TACF is a little out of the way, but the bus rides proved to be entertaining as well.

When we got to Eglinton West station - that was interesting. We were at the tail end of some kind of altercation. This one guy was pinned against the wall by two cops, two more were between him and the bus where what could be his girlfriend was screaming from the steps of the bus. The TTC officer was telling the bus driver to just leave, so we jumped on the bus and went for the ride, without the angry handcuffed man. There were so many people on the bus who had witnessed the incident, and no one talked about it. So we never did find out what happened.

I feel guilty. I abandoned a pepsi slushee on my way home last night. I bought it thinking it would be really refreshing, cause slushees are a real treat. Instead, it tasted chemically and processed. Yuck. I figured, I could afford to loose the $1.48 that it cost and abandon it, and hope that someone else would be moved to drink it instead. I wanted to save my stomach the pain of the yuck.

We had meatloaf last night. Though barely - Malcolm made it but we were running out the door by the time it was finished and ready to eat. Still so yummy. It was like our last meal together because he's moved home now. I can't wait to move out. :) Time for a change for sure!

I need to revisit writing that one blog of mine from the last two week's of the film world. It was deleted accidentally. Last week ended on a bad note. We were rained out of our last night (Thursday's shoot day). Rain was here to greet us for Good Friday. We didn't get all the shots we needed to get - and it might be a bigger problem than we know. Might mean rewrites. Todd is thinking about it this weekend.

At the head of the day (Thursday), the crew had begun on an interesting note. We have silver metal thick briefcases to hold our portable hard drive and P2 cards (the P2 cards are like our "film Mags" - they are what the images get captured onto, then they are dumped onto the portable hardrive, then erased and used again). Anyway, this guy walked through our set and started to run down the stairs and in his hand, he had our metal briefcase. Apparently Chris Jones came running around the corner yelling that someone had just walked off with our P2 cards and portable harddrive. Todd, Darryl, David and Kendall booted it down the stairs at full speed after this guy. Now, you don't really want any of these guys chasing you down the stairs - but especially not Todd leading the pack. They got to the guy and demanded him to open his case. I think at this point Darryl noticed that the case was very indented and couldn't have been ours. So they let him go (probably peeing his pants at this point). Todd walked past me (i wasn't there at the head of this situation) and out of breath he asked me if Anton had our hard drive, and I was like "yeah, it's still back at the house". And he just smiled.

What are the chances that in Hamilton some guy is going to walk by our film set with the EXACT same briefcase as we use???? I mean, they had every reason to chase the guy down - those pieces of equipment are worth EVERYTHING in our film. And if we hadn't dumped the P2 cards yet - it meant we could have lost all of the prior day's shooting material.

What a great way to start a day?

Anyway. Off to work. Plan out more stuff for the upcoming week on camera. Eat and head out to Freedomize.

Happy Easter everyone. Enjoy this holy day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home