Sunday, March 26, 2006

3 days in the can

Short blog. It's Sunday - 7.42am. I woke up around 5.30am. Was basically in bed since yesterday at 9.45am. I got sick on Friday - and have been trying to sleep it off ever since. I feel better. Luckily it's just an annoying cold. Thank God it's not the flu. However, I don't want to get any of my crew sick.

Going back to the hammer today - CJ will pick us up around 1.30pm. We are setting up shop in our new production office (his master bedroom transformed) - as the RV wasn't working out for any of us. Craft will take it over - which will be nice for the cast/crew. Mobile kitchen.

Forgot my ac adapter for my laptop at chris' house - so I don't have too much time with my teal top.

Home - we have an ant problem. We honestly don't know what to do with it anymore. I am truly looking forward to leaving this joint. The bug sprays aren't working anymore. UGH UGH UGH. Thank goodness it's only ants. I guess living in a basement apartment has its set backs.

We have two production meetings set for this afternoon. One of them is to discuss our 'Gidim-zul' spfx makeup problem. We have a good team working for us, but they simply aren't trying their hardest. I'm a little concerned - as this discussion will be very difficult to undertake with the company. You need to show a sensitivity to the people you hired, so that they still feel appreciated, yet inform them that you are not satisfied in the least with their work. The makeup on these beasts can make/break the film - and so far, it's breaking us.

I don't have too much to say about the first three days. We have the first week problems that we are trying to work through - and it feels like we're on the right path now. It's always a challenge when you don't have the right amount of staff...which seems to be our biggest problem. Not being able to afford crew is always going to be a problem. The volunteers we do have on our show are incredible - and we value their dedication so very much. The crew are hardworking and amazing. They are doing an amazing job.

I feel very honoured to be a part of this team. I pray that we can make them all feel as valuable as they truly are to us and this production.

On to week two - a little easier - one location. :)

YAY.

2 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Blogger sue said...

it was fun being an extra last night alison! i can't believe all the hard detailed work you guys do -- film people are totally nuts.

much love.
sss

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger alison said...

we are nuts - very passionate people. :)

Thank you so much for coming out and helping with that scene. You guys all rocked with your patience, wicked wardrobe and dedication.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

xo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home