Tuesday, March 13, 2007

post it note blog


I thought this was funny and picture worthy when crossing the boarder on December 3rd to catch a Buffalo Bills' game.

You can get this Bills' sweater for $29.99 - what a steal.

EXCEPT - that the regular price is $.00

Anyway.



Post it notes up the wazoo

if you know me - even just a little - you might name me a slave to post it notes.

mind you - i blame my mother, who continues to supply me with an array of decorative sticky notepads.

My life is on post in notes. To clear my mind, I write things down. 1) So I don't forget about them. 2) So i am able to clear some head space for new information to enter.


They make me feel slightly better.

Bad thing is that i don't always re-visit the notes i leave myself. Sometimes, I'm just too busy - and then I simply pack them up into a nice box to deal with later - and then somewhere down the road - oh, like 3 years later, i find a box full of notes that were never thought of after being written.

So why keep them at all?

I have no real clue to this mystery. None the less, I have been working hard at getting rid of the old and clearing my life as I get ready to leave on my trip.

Sadly - i'm using this post kind of like a post it note. I was going to jot down notes i had written to myself throughout the last year of what i've wanted to post on my blog. They were like little reminders so that i could write a longer post once i caught a moment. And for some reason - i never found a moment. And now i have an excessive amount of notes that pertain to my blog.

I just don't have the energy to locate those notes right now.

sorry.

but they will come.


In other news. I've been thinking about starting up a third blog (i won't, but i often think about doing it) that follows my cooking experiences. Brent and I cook dinners together - and it's always a lot of fun - and I always bring out my camera to document the event. I have a lot of fun with it. Cause, I'm a nerd. And I'm proud of the dishes we've accomplished. The first part to this whole story is me conquering-ish my fear of touching raw meat. With the aid of latex gloves, i have re-discovered my love for meat dishes.

This past Saturday night - we, for some odd reason, decided that making home made manicotti would be fun. Trust me - if you think you will get away with this recipe in pristine shape - you are soarly mistaken. It's messy. My advice - Ziploc FREEZER BAG. We made Zucchini and Red Pepper Cheese manicotti. Yummy. With a side salad and garlic bread.

I have pictures. they make me laugh. But no additional blog.

I think it would be neat though - and then like 10 years down the line, you know if blogging still exists, I'll be able to go back and re-visit my progress in the world of cooking food.


Other news. Softball is on its way. So very exciting.


I'm a D.I.T. at Freedomize. That's what Brent and I have coined as our term. We were invited to join the Deacon's team at church - and as we get ready to become Deacons, we're in training. :o) I'm excited about this new opportunity to walk with God. I hope that I am able to serve this community in the best light, with a loving heart, and that I am able to present the community with strength and dedication. I love it here - and feel truly blessed with this opportunity.


Lent is almost done. Sunday i was FORCED to break one of my 'lentings'. All because of my stupid car. I have given up sugar/deserts for Lent (omg - so challenging when you get catered meals every day, a craft service area on the first floor, and only sugary foods in the production kitchen). That - i have been very good with. ie - have not yet broken yet. I also gave up the "Easy Way" for Lent. This means elevators/escalators. So on Sunday, after the service, what happens - i'm unable to access my car by stairs. I asked the 'security/information' personel of the building if there was an alternate access to the parking garage - and she basically told me unless i had a special access card, i had to take the elevator.

gah.

technically - so not my fault. technically - it was sunday, and 'breaking' Lent on Sundays is okayish.


The weather - is wonderful. Mind you - i love snow. and again, missed out on snowboarding. missed out on toboganning. and again, i am sadened by the events. But spring is such a wonderful time. With the time springing ahead over the weekend, i wake up before the sun has time to rise now and it's light outside until at least 7.30pm. Very nice. You can see the shift in people's attitudes all around. maybe it's more apparent in a place like Toronto. People are far more 'smiley'.


I found glasses' frames on the weekend. FINALLY. I think i'll get them this weekend.


I have joined Facebook. complete crack. how is something so small, so addictive?


I still have four swedish fish chillin' out on my bookshelf beside my bed. They're waiting for April 8th to be ingested.


Under six months to go. Crazy.


In four days, we celebrate 6 months. Where did the time go?


No swimming lesson last weekend. We try again next Saturday.


I would like to camp more this summer.


I think the hikes are coming back on Saturday. Strange knee pains have halted my jump to keep at them over the last month. I really should see the sports medicine clinic and follow through with my physio. But why is it so much money??? :(


I almost discovered a new food allergy a few weekends ago, after my throat started to give me problems with my breathing - like closing in on itself type problems. Kind of similar to how i discovered my basil allergy. Upon hearing the story, Anna gave me a power boost of reactine today - just in case that happens to me again. Dr. Anna, Medicine Woman.


Work's great. VERY BUSY.

I have a pirate ship sitting atop of my work computer. And a working plastic canon blaster. Such a great toy. Thank you Nick!!!


Um, i think that's it for now. Very random, my apologies.

I am suddenly very tired. It's 11.45pm. I still need to shower before going to bed.


Post it note blog to come.

good night.

1 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Blogger megarrah said...

michael was over last week and when he saw my post it notes, and stated talking about how you love them.

p.s. i like post it's too...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home