Saturday, January 13, 2007

so apparently i lied

You can actually put Turner on the wheel in the background and let him have a run.

Funny.

And you can feed him strawberries. I guess he's a little more exciting now.

----------

We made meatloaf last night for dinner. My first 'meat, potato, vegetable' meal ever i think, in my own apartment. I think i've mastered my fear of the ground beef - with the assistance of the latex glove - but none the less. It was lovely. And it was yummy. Although - next time we plan to cook a whole meal, we should pre-plan it so that the ingredients don't arrive at my place after 8pm. Gulp. Late night dinners.

----------

Monday i find out if i'm in the union. If i get in, there is a very good chance that i have a job lined up. This is good. This is nervracking.

ACTRA and the CFTPA may also be fast approaching a decision in their strike dispute. Again, good news for all involved. The copyright issue with the new media is a much larger discussion than previously thought and i do believe there is hope that they will settle the payment dispute and settle the strike issue, THEN revisit the copyright situation.

But who knows.

Praying for guidance with work. Knowing that He's working His magic, and allowing His path to be shown. So far, I see that He might have bought me the right amount of time.

----------

I visited Travel Cuts yesterday. I am very much excited for this trip. A new route was shown to me yesterday which will help me get to Chengdu a lot easier. I am very excited to where this could lead me.

I also bought an item off my checklist - a waterproof/rip-proof NZ map. Not the biggest item on the list - but an item none the less. And I also picked up a great little book called "Tramping in NZ" - it shows all the great tramps you can take, insight into the hut system, the costs and the day count, level of fitness per tramp. I hope that i might have time to do all the routes when I'm there. But who knows. Maybe it'll give me a reason to return one day.

Last new item to report was the purchase of hiking sandals. Went on a shopping mission to buy boots with Shawna, and came back home with very much discounted KEEN sandals. Good buy.

Score to my family - for I received a compass (thank you Michael), binoculars (thank you fake Michael) and a very generous MEC gift certificate (thank you santa parents) for Christmas. So exciting.

To me at least. And if i'm the only one who finds great joy in these little nerdy outdoorsy things, that's cool.

I haven't nabbed my pack yet - but i hope to sneak in some time before setup tomorrow. Which means I might be dragging poor Brent for another round of MEC shopping (poor guy). :o)

----------

I have been logging all the food I've been eating lately. That might sound strange - but it's a commitment to myself and into eating healthy. It's true - if you honestly write down everything you eat, and you KNOW you will be doing this - you make a little bit more of an effort to eat a little better. I eat healthy when i'm not working - but once i'm on a show - there is no time, the food is generally catered and not the healthiest of choices (awesome to know you have free food, but you have to be very careful), and sneaking in Wine Gums to make up for low blood sugar, becomes a sport for me. So this is to try to set me up for my next show. To see if I can maintain sugar self control and proper eating schedule despite the hours I work.

I'll let you know how that works out for me.

----------

Laughing.

I'm really happy in my life.

Because I choose to be. Sometimes I feel crummy, but accepting that it's a crummy day, allows me to filter out the bad and get back to smiling again. Shit happens - right? Honestly - probably not my best week this one that just passed. Not that it was bad - but there was a lot of moments where things were providing more clarity in places i didn't necessarily want to see. Bringing up the past and learning to conquer over the dark spots in your life. Everyone has them. They allow you to appreciate the honesty of your smile. The dark spots, and the art of getting rid of them, the load it lifts from your heart, that can bring forth great happiness.

I think people have forgotten the art of laughter.

I laugh a lot. You make me laugh a lot.

My family, very funny people. We laugh a lot.

God - very funny. He has a great sense of humour - trust me, I spent an entire summer laughing with Him. Clever sense of humour.

Genuine laughter. It feels good.

I was asked last night if I ever cried out of joy. And I have. There is the laugh so much you just need to cry, and then there's the overjoyed moments where your body has NO IDEA how to react so it cries - because expressing it is impossible. Which in the end is kind of funny - we are so limited with how to react to things, even though we have such a great range of emotions. Which might sound like a contradiction - but it isn't if you really think about it. We are still limited in our ability to absorb certain moments. Our range isn't as great as what our body is able to feel.

Is it that our hearts are far more complicated than we want to admit? We do only use so much of our brain (that tiny little percent). Maybe we just don't know how to understand our hearts and true emotions.

I wonder if our brain's capacity affects our ability to experience humour. Cause some people think a lot more things in life are funny - or have a greater ability to laugh more often.

Hmmm

----------

Today is good. It's cold - which is good - which means snow might start to appear and STAY on the ground. Which means there is still hope for snowboarding this season.

Today is good. Already so many smiles.

I'm hopping on the Gazelle. Me and Tony Little have a date with fitness. Funniest thing in the whole world - a Tony Little Gazelle fitness video. But don't laugh too hard when you're on a fitness machine - I think it can give you cramps as it alters your breathing and whatnot.

----------
"Take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never been hurt because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back." ~anonymous~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home