Wednesday, January 24, 2007

have you met my new friend?


Yup.

A new stupid phone.

And so NOT my choice.

My unfaithful motorola died today. Like - white screen died. And now, my screen doesn't turn on at all. Yuck.

With only seven and a half months to go until I left, I was really praying that it would last me just until i got onto that plane. Even though, most of my phone calls were being cut off near the 10mins mark due to some issue my phone was having with accepting longer phone conversations. Try to explain to your grandparents why you hung up on them after 10mins on the phone. Poo.

So i had to buy a new phone. My circumstances - leaving in 7.5months, and not wanting to sign a new 2-3 year contract with rogers - left me with ONE option. A much music pay as you go phone. See - this phone pictured here on my blog - that's sexy compared to the one i own. I have a green holographic much music logo on the back of my phone. And MM video clips and vj photos locked into my phone. A courtesy?

Oh - and to add to the phone - there are four whitey/transparent rubber grips around the phone - and they LIGHT UP when the phone rings. With bright yellow, red and green lights. Ack. ugh ugh ugh

Anyway. I'm so happy that I was able to get something and not sign onto another contract. Some of you might be asking why i didn't just omit the idea of a cell all together. Sadly, in the film industry, your cell number identifies you.

I guess there was a bonus that we discovered as i wept over the loss of my phone book and my datebook (all logged into the other phone - i tell you people - RETURN TO PEN AND PAPER - DO NOT TRUST THESE MACHINES - they steal your information and never plan on returning it to you - ack!!!). It has a camera - which i can make videos with, and at least change the background from the obnoxious Much music logo. It also has voice recordings (yes, typical for most phones) but with only FOUR ring options - i have opted to create my own ring for my phone by voice recordings. We thought we could create a video to be my screen saver, but alas, it did not work. But now i have a silly video of kim dancing and laughing.

The bonus that i really see in this phone is that it is quad band. So i can bring it to NZ and hook it up there and it will work.

Alleluia. Not a complete loss of money.

Why does life cost you money when you are unemployed?


I have to tell you about my rib making adventures with Brent last Saturday (cause i photo journaled it). Next time.

I hope to find out about this one job tomorrow. None the less, I'll be doing a few days for a friend of mine next week. Which will be nice.

My laptop battery is in. Yay. I rescue it tomorrow morning.

And in the afternoon I plan on going skating with Shawna.

Next Monday - my doctor consultation about vaccinations. Wow - it's all coming together.

It's Wednesday night. I can't wait for Friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home