Friday, March 02, 2007

In the last two months...

- … I’ve donated 6 viles of blood to testing for my own good. The very next day – got a call from the doctor’s office. (never a good thing) Follow up appointment. I’ve been declared HepA, Hep B, Rubella immune. (yay) My iron was singled out as being “low” – yet for the first time, to my knowledge, my iron levels were in the actual proper range for either my size or age. I felt like celebrating. The doctor none the less listed all the things I could do to continue to improve what I call ‘awesome iron’.

- … I’ve counted animals at the zoo. Saw a giraffe up close and personal. Saw a cheetah charge the plexiglass towards a tourist I can only imagine was taunting the poor animal in some way. Was locked out of the rhino exhibit. Climbed up and down this rock type stair case by some goat exhibit – that was covered in snow and ice and required full side rail guidance. Was completely amused by a little mouse that was eating a plant near a display. The mouse was not on display. Realized how FAR the zoo really is by TTC. Ugh.

- … I started a new job. Post production coordinator for “The Latest Buzz”. It’s great. Very busy – learning lots – love being back with the Decode crew. Like a filmic family. Back at manning. Fingers crossed that we go another 13 episodes…

- … I experienced the kindness of true friends. Anna. Love ya.

- … I was able to see Sarah. Back from Nairobi. Caught a glimpse of her in Toronto one weekend. Hope to do it again before I head on my adventure.

- … I watched some movies. Thank you for Smoking. The Prestige. Children of Men. Mortal Kombat (classic). Team America. Fahrenheit 911. American Beauty. Anywhere But Here. Brokeback Mountain. Ghost World. Waiting (boo). Slither. Meet the Fockers. Shawshank Redemption. You, Me and Dupree. Thinking there is probably a lot more – but I’m drawing blanks.

- … I spent some time with tony little and my gazelle. Lost major motivation after a week long knee problem. I should really smarten up and try that again.

- … I went glasses shopping, twice. Actually had an eye doctor’s appt. picking out frames as we speak.

- … I shopped at MEC. More than twice.

- … I drove around the city. The job has a big plus – a car. With a seat warmer. Very much appreciated during that cold snap.

- … I drove sideways down Bayview avenue after a heavy snowfall.

- … I got caught in a snow-fall downpour. All inclusive storm with thunder and lightning.

- … I had a lovely breakfast with the Trulls. Very lovely time.

- … I had a freedomize softball meeting – at the Sunset Grill (yum…)

- … I went out for breakfast and dinner probably too many times.

- … I spent some time enjoying the snow in the city. Sadly – no snowboarding this year after this weekend’s trip was cancelled (incl the car rental – which eliminated bluemountain – trust me, it hurt my heart). Still no toboganning. *sigh*

- … I have not started my swimming ‘lessons’ yet.

- … I have collected a pile of passport applications. I keep grabbing two, and misplacing them. And now they are all resurfacing.

- … I smiled a lot. Laughed a lot.

- … I shed tears.

- … I continued the NZ planning.

- … I started lent. Am currently in the process of lent. Gave up deserts and basically all sugar and overly sugary foods (and really unhealthy snacks…). Gave up ‘the easy way’ – so no elevators and escalators.

- … I learned that not defining the boundaries of your ‘lent’ – you can run into problems. Ex: can I eat maple syrup on my pancakes? Was that considered the type of sugary thing I was trying to give up.

- … I learned that walking up stairs is a more difficult task for far too many people…even really fit individuals. (why is it that everyone I know can’t walk up stairs without losing their breath?) And walking up with lots of bags in your arms – even more fun.

- … I started a one week hiatus. Staying in the city running around. Sleeping? Catching up on work.

- … I spent V-day with my brother and Brent at the Raptors’ game – where we mopped the floor with the NJ Nets. Also spotted chuck & anton sitting across the ACC from us in section 311. hahaha

- … I spent groundhog’s day doing nothing special. Don’t really know if people celebrate the day at all actually.

- … I went ice skating a few times at night. I suck at ice skating – but I love my skates. No laces. Boa technology all the way. J how is it that one can do better on rollerblades over ice skates – they feel like they should be the same thing.

- … I have been walking around the city a bunch. To B’s house. From downtown. Hiked with claude. Up and down Mt. Pleasant through Jarvis.

- … I have seen an increase in migraine headaches and vertigo ‘episodes’ (boo)

- … I spent some more time enjoying the snow. Walking in fresh snow. Catching snowflakes in my mouth. Enjoying the light weather that sometimes comes with a light snowfall. Walked home in 0 degree Celsius weather Wednesday. Enjoying the ‘crisp’ air – that tends not to collect the Toronto smog quite like the summer heat does.

- … I put contact lenses into my eyes when they were still frozen from those infamous yellow drops at the eye doctors. Very strange feeling – touching your eye and NOT feeling it. creepy

- … I went on a Casa Loma adventure. After taking an available staircase upstairs, we discovered an unlocked door that probably normally isn’t locked and ventured through the upper level of the stables. Reaching a dark room with winding steel stair case that lead up to the stables’ tower. 50% regret not going up the tower.

- … I witnessed the humorous weather patterns that God presents to us. Beautiful Wednesday to snowy afternoon Thursday, to freezing rain evening to rainy night, to sunny Friday and very wet and melting day.

- … I didn’t cook enough. But did enjoy yummy chicken stir-fry last night.

- … I was the recipient of a homemade Valentine’s day card. Probably the loveliest thing ever.

- … I entered a six month countdown.

- … I took lots of pictures.

- ... I missed my blogs.

4 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, Blogger York said...

But what will you do in the next two months? That's the blog I want to read! XOXO,Y

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger sue said...

i missed reading your blog! hope to catch up with you soon lady.

ps FRAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i heart glasses.

 
At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love it..love reading your blog alli!

 
At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that last comment was from me


esther

 

Post a Comment

<< Home