Saturday, March 24, 2007

end of March

my blogging has been poor lately.

i would like to firstly say it might be due to my work. i sit at a computer for a great deal of the day (monday through friday) that come the weekend, i barely have any interest in consistently sitting in front of my own laptop to write about my life.

that being said - reading old posts is quite interesting. i should keep this thing more up to date.


it's 'spring'. by date. it is raining outside - and that's not very wintery. it has been mild through the week, which was actually really nice.


today is saturday, march 24th. i'm sick. i can't really figure out what i have -- but it's not fun. the good news is that it doesn't feel like the flu -- more just an extremely uncomfortable head cold and migraine (yay).

and yet, i'm very thankful this bug waited until the weekend to hit. Due to an unfortunate event, my boss Mike wasn't able to make it in to work this week. So I was alone in the post production office (well, in our office at least - there's still the boys next door -- the editing team). Mind you - i just started this job...oh, about a month ago. Let's just say this was a very interesting way to get my feet wet. I was challenged every day this week, and honestly learned a great deal. But in the end, I'm really looking forward to seeing my boss on Monday morning - I just hope I didn't forget anything important while he was away...

Brent was sick earlier this week, and i was really afraid that by mid week i would be showing signs - which wasn't an option when it came to working at the office this past week. Luckily, only Friday was affected by this head cold. I could barely focus on anything at that point. Very clouded mind. I was also pulling at least 14hrs a day at work though...so I was running low on fuel.


So catch up.

Facebook is like crack. I ONLY joined because I wanted to see these high school pictures that Brent's friends had posted of him. Then eventually, i caved under the pressures of the addictive site. It's actually a good thing (the site) - cause you can find old friends and it's an easy way to stay in touch and keep people in the know on your life.

Fun times.

So, facebook has been receiving more attention than my blog lately. my bad.

MEC last Sunday. Bought some poles, pole accesories, leg wallet and my daypack. I think that was it this week.

My show is going on another run of at least 13 episodes (could be 26). If it runs 26, i'll be here until the end of November. And at this point, it appears that i might be here until the end of this show's run.

I have mixed feelings. I've had numerous discussions about this with my parents and my boyfriend, cause i'm all over the place. This is a great working opportunity, so I don't want to leave. I can't wait to get to NZ. It's a toss up. I've actually grown attached to this show. Funny enough. I get a kick out of kid's shows. For some odd reason - like Zoey 101, don't even ask me why - but i would watch it every saturday morning when I had cable.

yeah - sad. But it was fluff. And sometimes, that's all you really want.

I'm excited for what will happen. If the show continues, and the company enjoys me, I'll stay on until the end of the show. Kid's show's usually run 3 seasons. We'll see what will happen.

No matter what - i will eventually get my butt out to NZ. HONESTLY.


Last Saturday was our 6 month anniversary. We spent it ordering my glasses (hahahaha) and waiting for them while watching a movie (Premonition - rent it if you really need to watch it). By the time we went to pick up my glasses, they weren't ready (so much for that 1hr rule). My frames 'cracked' the lenses apparently. They asked us to come back in like 10mins. We go back...same problem. Only this time, they had no more lenses to try for my prescription. So I still have to pick them up. They had to send my frames away to be fitted aparently.

At night, we went to the Keg. Yum. I haven't eaten there in forever. We had this great two person booth and a really great waiter (which truly makes a difference in your eating experience!!).

It was just a nice day. Oh - and I was able to get a personal guitar show. I've been bugging Brent about playing for a while now. I think i've heard him pluck away in his room once or twice, and before that only at Freek Out last summer.


What else is new. Not that much. I've really just been super busy with work (which has put some dates with friends on hold). Um...and sleeping...and trying to work out (although my knees have been really up and down lately - might be the weather).

Lent is going well. Even though i was sick, i still climbed up the stairs last night. But that elevator looked really inviting. But i would have felt horrible afterwards - being lazy about it. I have been dying for ice cream or candy or cake or deserts...so that's been super challenging. Interestingly enough, it's really shown me how much we as North Americans turn to sugar/food to cope with things. Cause when i'm having a hard day at work - i would love a nice bowl of ice cream to comfort me. Why exactly? I don't know.

I'm really looking forward to Easter in that regard. I think Brent and I will be breaking Lent together with a milkshake. He gave up everything to drink but water and i renegged the sugar side (which sadly included ice cream milkshakes). And a homemade milkshake would be sooooo lovely. Or dairy queen. Or something. On Easter day, there's no guessing what options will be open.

My parents leave for Rome soon. I'm excited about that.

My grandparents are coming to North Bay for Easter - so that should be fun. I'm bringin home Taboo and Mad Gab - at my mother's request. Apparently, i didn't kick their butts enough at Taboo at Christmas time. :p

I'm going to pay for that comment...

A week left until April. Seriously though...where does time go?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home