Wednesday, August 09, 2006

a little thing I like to call my security blanket






-------------------------

To some - this might appear to be a sleeping bag.

I call it my little piece of heaven. I have officially started shopping for my worldly adventure. The first lucky piece is this ravishing sleeping bag. Isn't it gorgeous? :)

It's a MEC hybrid synthetic/down mummy bag. For those adventure geeks (like me) out there - this bag is a combination of Hyperloft and down. The down is the reason that it is so light (only 1.5kg) and also creates a great insulation. The hyperloft is the first layer inside the outershell, protecting the down and also preventing it from becoming the disasterous wet beast. Down sleeping bags + water = BAD NEWS.

I also bought a compressor - and i'm so excited - the sleeping bag shrinks down to NOTHING. It's fantastic. All thanks to the down. Synthetic materials do not compress this small.

Fun smiles. I finally narrowed my list of sleeping bags down to three. I was looking for an employee to simply run me through a quick overview of those few bags (to make sure I hadn't missed any details important for the final decision). I find someone who just finished helping another customer. I got a confirmation from the customer that they didn't need him anymore, and jumped into my question. I stopped and stood there - with a face of recognition. I was like 'you look really familiar' and he responded with 'i was just thinking that'. Moment of silence (not awkward) "rock climbing shoes", he exclaimed. I smiled. You need to understand that I LOVE MEC. I am in heaven when i walk into this store - for real. So, a few months back, a friend and I went to MEC to check out their rock climbing shoes. We were about to go check out the Rock Oasis for the first time together - and were thinking about joining the gym. Buying your own gear is A LOT cheaper than renting everytime. Anyway - long story to say this guy was so amazingly patient with us as we tried on almost every type of rock climbing shoe that they had at MEC. We were there for like an hour. He was super chill. It almost felt like an old friend - we couldn't stop gabbing about stuff (mainly trip taking, my camping trip, and climbing). It made me happy. One of my new roomates is interested in rock climbing - and this guy climbs at Rock Oasis too - so our paths might just cross again. I think it would be an interesting run in.

Three hot air balloons floated on by tonight.

Tomorrow morning, I'm going on an adventure. I'll fill you in tomorrow. I apparently have to pop two tylenols before I go to lower the pain. What?!?

Today was a silly day. Not as busy on the road as Tuesday. Thomas and David came to visit (David to work, Thomas to just play - he's only 17 months old).

Some guy in our neighbourhood (of the school i work at) took a knife to one of our seeway cable patches that we run off of the roof. A local man got into an argument with him, bothered that he would try to vandalize our property. Anyway - this local man bumped into Shannon who had to go investigate. Later in the afternoon - david was asked to go up on the roof to pull the whole cable up (to avoid further problems). I went up on the roof with him. We have an AMAZING view from up there. Clear view all the way to downtown Toronto. Gorgeous. Especially on a day like today.

Two days to Freek Out. Two days to a very interesting day/evening/night. Two red bulls, four passengers. A plethora of mixed cds. Good weather forecast. This is going to be classic.

Woot to Freek Out Tree.Oh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home