Wednesday, February 08, 2006

does time exist in heaven?

Malcolm's grandmother passed away yesterday morning. His father called him to let him know and I heard through the phone conversation. She was very sick and had been in the hospital since mid-December. Malcolm said something so beautiful as we lied down thinking about the situation. He described her final moments as she must of drifted off to sleep and spoke of the joy she must have felt in her heart at the sound of the angels. It's a beautiful thing, faith brings you to God and in Him you find an eternity of hope and love. I think it allows some of us to face death and not be afraid. It's never easy to lose a loved one, but there is this beautiful hope that remains. She truly is with the angels now. I can't think of a more beautiful place.

I put off my life too much sometimes. Overtaken by work, I put things off that should be done now. Like telling a friend or a family member that you love them. We all take advantage of the idea of tomorrow. We're so busy with our own self-absorbed lives, much of what we want to do is pushed off to another day. These things seem so simple, but we live with hope for the future. The future is tomorrow. What if you didn't wake up to meet tomorrow?

I have been going through booking cast on our production today. That part is great and very uplifting. I'm also calling the people who attended our call back session and were not selected. Those calls are not my favorite thing to do. You hear this wonderful excitement in the actor's voice when they hear it's you, and by the time you finish telling them that someone else was selected, you can't help but hear the shift in their tone of voice. It's crushing. This makes me feel as though I'm not strong enough to be a producer. I guess you get used to it after a while? I'm a dreamer though, and I know what it's like to be on the other end and hearing the rejection for a job you've been waiting to be called for. Chasing dreams is so difficult. It can be mind-blowingly awesome - and with a great deal of perseverance, you will succeed.

I think you just have to remember that the journey will always teach you something new and for that, you must be thankful.

Life's journey is very trying, but the payoff in the end - that makes it worth living. I am very happy to be here on this planet pursuing this pathway that I am meant to be on, and will continue to do it happily until He calls me home. Tonight I say a prayer for everyone I've ever lost - and to Malcolm and his mom's family for their recent loss. May she rest well with the angels tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home