Sunday, January 22, 2006

White snow blankets blue men

I love how snow looks when it's falling down. The best part is that it's usually not very cold, so you can go out and enjoy the playfulness of the beginning stages of snow/winter.

It's always nice to be inside with a warm cup of something watching it through a window too. Kind of like watching a thunderstorm in the distance - what an incredible creation weather is. I really think God made something beautiful with these phenomenons.

When you walk down Yonge Street, from Eglinton to College - you can't help but fall upon the "Blue Man Group" banners. I remember this one time I had to go do a pick up at ACTRA for a show I was working for, and they had made special pins that had a red cross over the Blue Man Group's name. It annoys me to NO END...this union mentality to try and kill a creative independent production. I had the wonderful opportunity to see the Blue Man Group with my parents, and it was one of the most unique and wonderful productions I've ever seen. I support them completely. Why should they be forced to become union members? So that ACTRA or whatever other union continues to boycott them can cash in on their success??? The greed of people is ridiculous. Honestly though, that a union goes through all the trouble to create boycotting pins and publishes stories in newspapers so that people do not attend their production, is the most ridiculous and childish thing I've ever witnessed. BMG was a great production and at the end - they collect money for a variety of charities that they feel called to support. I wish more people would show support for Non-Union productions. I truly feel that with non-union shows/films you can see a lot more passion for the medium and the art. I have many friends who are a part of the union, and I'm NOT saying that ALL union members are like this. Only that there is a trend in a union mentality - and I wish we could all support one another in the choices we make in terms of creative paths. Ugh.

I just cleaned out Aucky's cage - it's funny how confused animals can become when their home suddenly changes. That bed he's been building up for two weeks is now in the trash and he must start from scratch.

It's Sunday morning - I will go to work. I'm very close to releasing the Teal Computer into my home and actually charging it up. It's starting to grow on me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home