Saturday, March 08, 2008

Alas, another snowfall

Just when I thought I was in street parking prime, another whopper of a snowfall hits this city. I shovelled the joint driveway and both my landlady's sidewalk and my neighbour's - and twice the snow has since fallen. Sad times. The snowbanks are so high that tossing the snow off the driveway is actually quite back aching.

I'm just crying a river. I'm alive and well, and have a warm cave to hide in at the end of the day - so no real complaints. Although, most of the city is. I bet the government is - cause they spent A LOT of money cleaning up this city because the icy snowbanks were really getting out of hand, and now it's all back to the way things were.

A word to the wise - do not purchase movies at Pacific Mall. Yes, I did it. I did a bad thing. I'm in an industry - and I actually purchased pyrated flicks. Mind you - two of them, I would never pay to rent or watch in theatre, one was for someone else and the last one I DID pay to see in theatres and I bought it for my brother cause he went to the theatre to watch it and the film was interrupted by a power outage - so he's never seen the end of the movie.

NONE THE LESS - it's no excuse. It was a bad choice - and I paid for it cause the movie quality is CRAP. So bad on one of them, I didn't even try to watch more than a minute.

It's just not worth the attempt. Be smart, rent from the library for free!! :)

If the weather is getting you down - I advise you take a walk (or a drive) to visit this man, who I am positive is the happiest human being on this planet. I actually don't know his name, which makes me very sad - but he is the most amazing human I have met in a long time. Where might you find this gentle soul? He is a parking attendant under the building on the North West corner of Windosr & Front street. He is an asian man who works the later afternoon to evening shift on the weekends - and it generally only costs 5$ - so we park there for church.

I don't know how, but at one point Brent and I befriended him, maybe by making a comment about how happy he always is. He is beyond uber polite to every single person he comes into contact with AND his smile is contagious. Any worry you may have that day melts away with his presence. I have actually taken people to my car JUST to meet him on the way out. This is a man who works 7 days a week - and NEVER complains. He holds a full time job Mon-Fri and works on the weekends at this parking lot. He does this to provide for his family. We also run into him on holidays as people from the parking lot place call in sick, leaving him to replace him as his company knows he doesn't work at his other job on holidays.

His spirit is a great example for all of us. If only there were more people like him who walked on this planet - and then if only he was more visible to the world - he would infect way more people with his wonderful presence.

There are special people out there who you just have to tell the world about - and he is definitely one of these earth angels. I just want to hug him and bake him cookies all the time.

Wonderful. Praise God for blessing us with pockets of joy in the gloominess that has become this city in the winter months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home