Saturday, December 08, 2007

"Mom's Cell Phone"

(a re-enactment of a phone call Saturday, December 8th, 2007)

Alison: Hello?

Mom: What are you doing here?

Alison (looks around the street as she walks down Manor Road): Here?

Mom: Yes, here! You didn't tell me you were coming here.

Alison: Where's here?

Mom: What are you talking about?

Alison: Huh?

Mom: You're just being silly

Alison: Are you in Toronto? Are you at the airport?

Mom: What?

Alison: That's not today. What are you talking about?

Mom: I'm calling home.

Alison: No, you're calling my cell phone.

Mom: No I'm not.

Alison: Yes....

Mom: I'll be home soon. Just wait, i'll be there in 10 minutes. Don't go anywhere.

Alison: I'm not at home.

Mom: Yes you are. I dont' know why, but you're here.

Alison: Wait, there is a dog right beside me, should I make him bark to prove I'm not at home?

Mom: I'll be right home.

Alison: Okay? But I'm not there.


10 minutes later.


My phone rings again. "ICE - mom & dad"

Mom: hi honey.

Alison: I'm not at home, am I?


My mother thought she was calling home to talk to my dad, but hit my number instead thought her contact list. When I answered the phone she had several thoughts pass through her head, two of which were: 1) she thought I was flying out to London with me tomorrow, 2) she was devastated because she is leaving the next day to go to london, and wouldn't be able to spend time with me. how sweet.

1 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

hmm. i think i went a bit crazy reading that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home