Saturday, March 01, 2008

148 days to Skipping Stones' hiatus - yays and nays of life lately

YAY - Four months and 26 days from now, Brent and I are taking off on our backpacking adventure in New Zealand.

NAY - this will put my Skipping Stones blog on hiatus until I return (as all the adventures will be captured on the NZ blog)

YAY - went to the Raptor's game last night. Split a couple's pack with Magali & Brent. Moved up to the front row of the Sprite Zone. Laughed a lot. Enjoyed the company. Scored free pizza = more than 100 pts.

NAY - the Raptors lost (despite the fact that they were playing a team they should have easily beat = Pacers). Snow storm = delay of our arrival by 1.5 quarters; also = fourth party missing game completely.

YAY - Working on a new kid's cooking show since January. Having a lot of fun. Every day is something new - from painting hockey sticks chroma green, scouting pacific mall, wardrobe shopping to transportation duties...I love the non-union shows for their unexpected surprises.

NAY - work ends right before Easter.

YAY - month off before (cross fingers) the Buzz comes back.

NAY - will be leaving my first film contract early with NZ departure.

YAY - pre the most recent snow fall, the city of Toronto had finally managed to remove some of the icy snow piles blocking all of the side streets (impossible for humans to break through with shovels!). Parking on my street went from like 3 spots that you wouldn't get stuck in (requiring shovelling and extra bodies pushing you) to almost our usual amount.

NAY - all of a sudden, everyone who has driveways began parking on the street as well, creating more competition for spots anyway.

YAY - Valentine's day. I received a lovely hand made card and a bag of my favorite misc candy from Brent. I received a lovely package from my parents. I spent the day counting my blessings and remembering the people in my life. I'm not the type of girl who demands roses and chocolates on this very average day. But was very appreciative of the thoughts that came my way.

NAY - leaving Loblaws on V-day and seeing the line up at the flower store. The sheer unhappiness on all of the men's faces was heart breaking. What were they thinking about? "Is this bouquet good enough? What if these are the wrong flowers? She's going to kill me that I waited until the last minute? Will she still love me tomorrow?"

WILL YOU STILL LOVE ME TOMORROW - that is how I look at the hallmark holiday that is Valentine's day - and exactly why no emphasis should be put on it. Love isn't something to only celebrate one day a year. It should be completely intertwined in your daily life.

YAY - Thinking about the time Brent and I went to Hot House for Brunch one Sunday. I had a gift certificate for the restaurant - 40$ and that is the exact cost of two people dining there for Brunch (no - I would not pay that price out of my own pocket for Brunch!). The spread was out of this world...from the deserts you first pass, to the omellete table, to the fruits, veggies, antipasto, meat platters, to the croissants and breakfast danishes, to the waffle spread, the homestyle breakfast dishes and the full on lunch meals. TOO MUCH FOOD.

NAY - the feeling after stuffing our faces (to get our money's worth). Trust me - all you can eat is a trap. I've never felt so terrible after eating in my life.

YAY - spending family day with Mike. :) We went to Mandarin to celebrate his quitting of his old job. :) The food is sooooo yummy.

NAY - A fire tore through a block at Queen & Bathurst and the city is currently demolishing its remains. An entire city block has been devastated.

YAY - Everyone got out of the fire without injuries!!!

NAY - I'm cleaning right now (well, taking a break from cleaning!)

YAY - Life is really good. Work = good. Family = good. Church = good. Boyfriend = great (I realized recently that we are like 2 peacocks. Prior to our relationship, both of us would make wardrobe decisions to try to grab the other's attention. Like we were fanning our feathers and propping up our beautiful tail. It's funny to look at it now.) Trip Planning = good, slow - but good. Going home for Easter soon enough = good.

YAY - My mom made homemade eggrolls which we get to eat when we go home next. Very yummy!!!

NAY - I have so much that I want to write about, but I keep putting things off in terms of blogging. So I feel bad. I wish this blog was more spontanious. I've neglected it terribly.


NEXT BLOG - a look at Canada's Identity. Then, a look at Taste Buds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home