Saturday, June 30, 2007

Hiatus

I'm officially on hiatus. For one glorious week.

Which I plan on spending with friends, geeking out at MEC, spending time alone, travelling home for a few days, working out, catching up on sleep - and just plain old relaxing.

I've been working straight since early February - on mad film hours. This rest is much needed and soooooo very welcome.

Today - I clean my bedroom. We handed in our two months notice today. Now our apartment has to be ready for viewing every day until we move out or it is rented out. Nothing like good ol' motivation to get you cleaning.

I'm excited to move. I'm going to spend some time this week looking for a new place - although it's hard when there's still two months to go. Maybe more so near the end of July.

Brent and I went to a cottage last Saturday. It was such a wonderful mini-break from the city. Jules, the wonderful woman that she is, rented out a cottage for a week and invited us to spend as much time as we wanted to. Sadly, we could only stay for the day - but none the less - it was great to get out of the city. The cottage is just outside of bracebridge. I haven't uploaded any pictures yet - but most likely throughout the week I will. Cause I have time!!! :)

I'm testing out sunscreens. Sounds nerdy - but kind of important. I find it's hard to find a sunscreen that you can actually enjoy. They are either greasy, smelly, shiny, sticky or just pore clogging. But it's super important to use. Especially with being back in the car on runs for work - i'm always out in the peak sun times. So, I have this Aveeno one for my face (pricey - also a turn off), and i bought two banana boat types. So far - i'm very discouraged. One of them is a spray on - and I really do think the mist sunscreens did something right. They are a sunscreen that a person can apply all over their body without another's help. Fantastic. Downside - it's shiny - really, really shiny sometimes. The other BB sunscreen I got was fantastic for the first 2mins of wearing it - it's this great dri-block. Goes on like lotion - dries like a powder. And it REALLY does work. I love it for the lack of greasy feeling. It's great. Problem is that it really does dry like a powder - and i wouldn't advise wearing dark clothing while using this sunscreen - cause if it's on your arms (for example) and you rub a dark surface, you basically leave a white mark all over. Kind of like old school deodorant on a black dress. So, i'm at a loss here - to be dry, you leave white stains, to be easy, you come out looking like a misted bodybuilder, and the good Aveeno stuff is just plain expensive.

The search continues.

I bought a box of Zoo-kies the other day. PC's version of the animal cracker. Brent eats the camel cut outs cause I'm allergic to camels. It's quite sweet actually.

We went to see Knocked Up last night (cause softball was cancelled). It was our first date in a long time. It was hilarious!!! I fully recommend people watch this movie.

We watched Epic Movie and Reno 911 throughout the week - and I can't say that i was wonderfully impressed by either of these movies. If you must see one - rent Reno. Although, Brent has the "Pirates of the Carribean" rap song stuck in his head now from Epic Movie.

Canada celebrates it's 140th birthday tomorrow. Wow - we're sooooo young, for a country.

I'm looking into the world of GPS units. *sigh* another trip expense.

Oh - good news - i'm only 400$ short of my initial NZ financial goal. That's only counting my NZ account. I feel soooooo blessed to have had this job opportunity and continued financial provision. Thank you God.

We're going to go strawberry picking next weekend - so happy. I love eating the sun kissed berries in the field. So wonderful and pure.

I am on a Winsor Pilates training schedule now - and I have spent some evenings laughing through the pain. You know when you are watching a work out video - and the trainer on the screen is like 'i know it hurts, but don't quit' - it's just funny when it really does hurt and you do just want to quit. You start to feel guilty for even thinking about putting your leg down.

I think I'm done. I have to start cleaning/packing up my room.

And tonight - i chill with Goose.

1 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you,

Haven't read this for a while, which apparently is okay cos you haven't posted much in a while. But it's nice to read again. Just wanted to let you know I have a new blog (http://tardistraveler.blogspot.com) for my Scotland adventure, et al... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home